Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I could be wrong, but I would guess it would be more about exclusivity vs profit on this situation. That knife also sat on Tony's website for a short period of time. Maybe Crockers market would have more reach. But I have no idea.
Just notice the same Nakiri too... Guess they reached some kind of deal. That Hyde looks really good too.

That Kamon went quicker than the Yanick at Carbon.....I just checked to see the price. Gone

the Hyde they have looks very familiar too 🤔
Yes, you are correct, Sir! As @enrico l noted, it was brand new as I only opened the package then put the knife back and went to play with other new knives that I got around the same time. I purchased directly from Hyde (and I actually discovered that I understated my purchase price in the BST posting once I found my receipt from Hyde). I noted this to Gabriel when I was at the shop a few weeks ago and he offered to take them off my hands.

I have to note, it's a very small markup considering what I paid along with free shipping to pretty much anywhere. I snagged Kamon, Dalman x Birgersson, and AG Klint gyuto around the same time and instantly loved all three. No knock on the Hyde, it's a REALLY nice knife, I just decided to keep a biggun' from him in aogami super and stop being a knife hoarding goblin with the rest.

Side note, if anyone hasn't tried a Henry Hyde or AG Klint's more recent work you should grab one before their prices rise. IMO these guys along with Spåre give some awesome value in the world of western makers.

Yes, you are correct, Sir! As @enrico l noted, it was brand new as I only opened the package then put the knife back and went to play with other new knives that I got around the same time. I purchased directly from Hyde (and I actually discovered that I understated my purchase price in the BST posting once I found my receipt from Hyde). I noted this to Gabriel when I was at the shop a few weeks ago and he offered to take them off my hands.

I have to note, it's a very small markup considering what I paid along with free shipping to pretty much anywhere. I snagged Kamon, Dalman x Birgersson, and AG Klint gyuto around the same time and instantly loved all three. No knock on the Hyde, it's a REALLY nice knife, I just decided to keep a biggun' from him in aogami super and stop being a knife hoarding goblin with the rest.

Side note, if anyone hasn't tried a Henry Hyde or AG Klint's more recent work you should grab one before their prices rise. IMO these guys along with Spåre give some awesome value in the world of western makers.

Was your Klint one of his s-grinds? Those are looking pretty sweet.

I understand that it’s hard to call any $525 knife a bargain, but within the market of independently crafted western knives, that Laseur offers a lot of value.
I certainly agree. Finding knives in this niche at that price point is excellent. Tony is doing great work and it’s only a matter of time before his prices rise (rightfully so) based on his quality.

Was your Klint one of his s-grinds? Those are looking pretty sweet.
Yes, a 255mm s-grind gyuto. I have a couple other of his knives and his progression is pretty significant. I grabbed a 220mm for a family member earlier last year. It was super cheap compared to his current prices. I was shocked at what it offered for the price, but this last one cost about $125.00 more and was worth every penny and then some. Here it is along with the other two reasons I moved the Hyde:

IMG20230119201951.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, a 255mm s-grind gyuto. I have a couple other of his knives and his progression is pretty significant. I grabbed a 220mm for a family member earlier last year. It was super cheap compared to his current prices. I was shocked at what it offered for the price, but this last one cost about $125.00 more and was worth every penny and then some. Here it is along with the other two reasons I moved the Hyde:

View attachment 220587
The middle one looks nice! And the top one. And the bottom one.

Last edited:

View attachment 220587
That Kamon is sick...

View attachment 220587
What "model" is the bottom kamon? It's denty but polished (usually see kurouchi on these), and extra tall compared to his usual gyuto profile.

i think the 85mm hight is off.
It’s probably 58. If so, I doubt the length of the blade is correct. And the weight, well, I don’t know…

Whatever the specs are, the knife is beautiful, so is the whole artwork and photography. If I was a millionaire, I’d probably buy it and hang it somewhere on the wall…

Last day for Simon Herde’s small series, I’ve heard great things, @mack put him among some the forum favorite include Kamon and Kippington.
For real! To me he is in my top 5 for sure. @JayS20 is overwhelmed as well, for instance.
F&F is perfect (not good, but perfect), his convex grind is very consistent, those profiles are perfect (at least for me) and the taper is great as well. Here are some pics from my trilogy:

41831996na.jpg

42652275lw.jpg

42255538be.jpg

42255528im.jpg

For the money, you shouldn't hesitate - I ordered one as well, though I already own 4.

Best,
Mack.

Back