Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact, our team of craftsmen from Ashi Hamono are considered to be the best in Sakai City, where they are well-known for their expert grinding and sharpening skills.

It is indeed Ashi but idk whats the different between "Hammer Forged" with their cheaper normal offering 🤔

It is indeed Ashi but idk whats the different between "Hammer Forged" with their cheaper normal offering 🤔
If hammer forged means like a forged taper compared to stock removal, then this could be an interesting one. Someone order one and let us know!

Attachments

• C9A8854D-D9B6-4A41-8D5D-2357CD9E3237.jpeg
    C9A8854D-D9B6-4A41-8D5D-2357CD9E3237.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • CF08E4B7-BCD8-4B8C-999F-04EF8A2890E3.jpeg
    CF08E4B7-BCD8-4B8C-999F-04EF8A2890E3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If hammer forged means like a forged taper compared to stock removal, then this could be an interesting one. Someone order one and let us know!
I think this is right if I'm understanding everything correctly. I asked Koki and he said that the hammer-forged blades are well... hammer forged into shape from a thicker one-piece swedish SS (guessing this is referring to bar stock) whereas the regular swedish SS knives are machine stamped.

Back