Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder who is doing the wrought iron line…I’m not aware of any of the above Sakai blacksmiths working with wrought iron.

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but is the blacksmith or sharpener known on these? Or even other Migoto branded knives? Reading through a selection of the descriptions on the site, some seem to be from Tanaka, some from Nakagawa, some from other unspecified Sakai blacksmiths.
Not sure, they usually disclose them if they can tho.

shhhh shhh shhhhhhhh lets just enjoy looking at these while we can - wish I knew when they were dropping

edit - I'm guessing it will be a lot...
I have already spent my monthly (ugh okay fine, yearly) budget in the last few weeks so will try to be a spectator for this one (unless it’s priced so competitively it would be insane not to).

How’s the time difference for you with AUS, will it be a long night? :p

I might go broke for one of these wrought iron gyutos
Can’t go broke buying knives if you’re already broke from buying knives

Think About It GIF by Identity

I picked up a few of those cheapo cktg wakuis years ago. They cut great like all wakui. Really the only downside is just the cheap handle (never bothered me)
Easy enough to replace if you’d like.

I have 3 handles that just got delivered today that im going to try and replace for the first time ever lol

I was excited for those Wrought Migoto until I remembered that I already have too many gyuto and am starting to run out of knives to sell outside of branching into selling my keepers 🤣 🤷‍♂️

Did JP makers somehow get a shipment of wrought iron or found some wayward anchor somewhere? Either way I am excited to see more of them use it. Waiting for people like Manaka, Kurosaki, Hinoura, Tomura/Naohito, Yoshizawa, etc to get their hands on some

Latest posts

Back