Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check country in the topright first; for some reason it defaults to US on the EU website, showing prices without VAT.

I think I am responsible for this one. I have this knife's fraternal twin.
I ordered a 240 w/ a 55 heel and he offered me two profile options after they arrived. This is the one I did not choose :).

Anyway, the bevels had a decent amount of very small delaminations which were noticeable in producing drag on horizontal cuts. I polished them out which was very easy as the as the knife is very flat and straight - but man does this steel sharpen like crazy. I am very impressed with the heat treat.

I have a 230 KU of this knife and god it's a veggie monster. No delam issues on mine but really an exceptional cutter and crazy HT

20230503_105330.jpg

Always wondered why...
25% sales tax - "Moms" - which the tax man eats, to start with. The shop is in a super-trendy market type place just off-centre in Copenhagen. Not cheap real-estate. 30% import duties, shipping costs, wages and finally I guess because, like other purveyors of fine things, they can.

I have a 230 KU of this knife and god it's a veggie monster. No delam issues on mine but really an exceptional cutter and crazy HT

View attachment 270558
Looks great!
Here is the updated face lift on the knife - still playing with the polish but rehandled it and I think it is ready for primetime (my kitchen).

1695329035877.png

1695329311164.png

Attachments

• 1695329075775.png
    1695329075775.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

View attachment 270558
Just had to update that used it in my first dinner prep and I am having a lot fun. Ease of cutting is up there with the best... one of the most effortless experiences yet.. just falls through hard and soft items. Not quite a laser grind but not a workhorse and the added height gives it the heft to get the job done. I don't see this leaving my rotation anytime soon.

@moderncooking What happened with the Antzenberger that was supposed to be released at 6PM Berlin time today the 21st? It doesn't look like it went live at 12PM EST... do I have my timezones wrong?
I’m afraid the two Antzenberger Gyuto are now sold.

We do have a Nakiri Honyaki that will soon be available though 🙏

Back