Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I've got a high speed connection.

What I mean with "lazy" buyers: you don't need to check instagram regularly like that, just prepare for the release time. There is no advantage to follow a reseller's feed daily anymore.

I have no problem if anyone else can buy one, I'm just unhappy/frustrated with some of the reselling processes as they meant to be fair but aren't. I think that regular followers should be rewarded. Some guys are lucky as they have a local store in town and they can just walk in and buy a Jiro. Why isn't it possible to buy one online if I see a hint of a reseller on Instagram? The reply I always get: "that would not be fair" ... but hey, I can live with it. ;)
I think you might have had a latency issue, seeing you're from Switzerland connecting to a site in Canada. Internet providers & web hosts (Shopify) use CDNs (Content delivery networks) to make loading websites more efficient. In your case you could have been refreshing on a cached version of the page on the CDN, which would mean the CDN could have taken several seconds to a minute to retrieve the updated information before passing it onto you. It's really frustrating to deal with issues like that, but you can pass a nonfunctional random parameter in the URL so there is no known cached version for the page and it will retrieve the most updated information possible.

Last edited:
I think you might have had a latency issue, seeing you're from Switzerland connecting to a site in Canada. Internet providers & web hosts (Shopify) use CDNs (Content delivery networks) to make loading websites more efficient. In your case you could have been refreshing on a cached version of the page on the CDN, which would mean the CDN could have taken several seconds to a minute to retrieve the updated information before passing it onto you. It's really frustrating to deal with issues like that, but you can pass a nonfunctional random parameter in the URL so there is no known cached version for the page and it will retrieve the most updated information possible.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I took a few shots of the 210 arrived yesterday (measures 220 actually they are on the long side) if can be useful. Tip is insanely thin, very well finished, balance is slightly forward the pinch. Didn't like the handles as well in photos, much better in hand they are bigger than it seems. Just extremely rough and dry, I immediately sanded and waxed as they should have been in the first place.
Have you cut enough with it for first impressions yet?

Have you cut enough with it for first impressions yet?
Frankly it's a beast! I have cut a lot of veggies yesterday, no wedging on hard stuff, smooth cuts, doesn't feel fragile at all on board, very good food release. At 200 euros price point is a steal, but I have not tried yet a kyoei shindo 😅 No signs of oxidation until I hit the onions, some cool blue clouds are on the blade now. That thick spine is great in hand, gives strength at the heel but definitely makes the knife not the nimblest.

Good thing there's makers you can order from outside of social media 😎
MORE CURSED KNOWLEDGE

1000005166.gif

I just commissioned a dirty wrought clad from Travis at Lucid Knives. Those look tooooo fkn cool to pass up. Price was very reasonable as well….I’m sure it won’t stay that way.
That's one of my commissions currently. Workhorse k-tip with wrought similar to the Migoto build, looking at boonaree mono wa handle too.

That's one of my commissions currently. Workhorse k-tip with wrought similar to the Migoto build, looking at boonaree mono wa handle too.
Is it being made right now? I think I saw a k-tip…

I’m going with a standard middleweights but leaning towards funyaki/gyutohiki profile

CKTG is liquidating some S. Tanaka VG-10 nashiji western handle gyutos.

210mm - CKTG/tavgnawegy21.html - $109.95

240mm - CKTG/tavgnawegy24.html - $119.95

Back