Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero desire to talk about bots existing or not, but Instagrab drops certainly aren’t ideal. I’m glad a maker reached out to you, but in reality it’s way too easy to make multiple email addresses and entries. It would be a full time job to make sure every entry is legitimate, and we shouldn’t expect these one person operations to cater to what’s best for us.

lot of asserting going on there and not a lot of evidence, from where I'm standing.

I mean for sure I'm happy when a maker sees that kind of cash.

but the amount of buying power you need to spend that kind of money on stuff is pretty extreme. it's definitely way outside what someone making the median us income of 31k a year will ever be able to afford if they have a family, or a house to reside in frankly. or even enough food to eat.

IMO the maker getting the money is the only positive other than avoiding the issues specific to drops. I am sure some folks think it's good, actually, that only some folks would ever get one of these desirable makers, but if I said what I honestly thought of people who held that view, it would get me banned within seconds.
I wouldn't get one of these expensive knives and I still think it is good. I want makers to get as much as possible for their work. Someone making 31k a year has no business buying such knives. Not everyone can buy a 911 or a m3 or whatever. These knives are not necessities and there are plenty of quality more affordable knives out there.

lot of asserting going on there and not a lot of evidence, from where I'm standing.
Luckily this isn’t the court of law where someone needs irrefutable evidence. The people who believe bottling/scripts exist are still using flip phones. Most people don’t realize just how easy this is for so many people. You’re willing to bet that that out of every single person who wants a rare knife, not a single one of them is using something to enchance their chances? Type “twitch” into your bing search bar and talk to any gamer about bots/scripts.

I realize that these type of “advanced” programs are sorcery to many on these forums, but they’re really quite accessible. You could find someone on Reddit in 15 min to write one for you. I don’t think every knife being sold is to a robot, but the absolutely exist. Sorry that there isn’t video evidence of someone gaming the system for a hyper niche hobby.

I appreciate that this conversation comes up from time to time. It’s actually quite often. I am a fan of random draws AND auctions. I think the answer lies in the utilization of both. However, this is food for thought for us vs. actual food for the makers. I don’t think many are truly starving artists, but I doubt any are rolling in it. They need to do what’s best for them and I don’t think there is a universal solution. Makers are thinking about this stuff all the time. Milan and Kamon are not shy about discussing these topics. They are difficult! There are a lot of very wealthy guys in the world but I don’t think there are enough to sustain makers on their own. Their customer base has to be broader than that, and it is. I don’t think they are walking away from that anytime soon. You can tell efforts are made to be more inclusive from time to time. The last Kamon release was <1k. Milan does a mix of high and lower priced random drops. Isasmedjan does small production runs. Etc Etc. I think in the 6months I’ve been poking around ;) things have gotten a bit better with regards to fairness even if prices have gone up (because they only ever go up).

Luckily this isn’t the court of law where someone needs irrefutable evidence. The people who believe bottling/scripts exist are still using flip phones. Most people don’t realize just how easy this is for so many people. You’re willing to bet that that out of every single person who wants a rare knife, not a single one of them is using something to enchance their chances? Type “twitch” into your bing search bar and talk to any gamer about bots/scripts.

I realize that these type of “advanced” programs are sorcery to many on these forums, but they’re really quite accessible. You could find someone on Reddit in 15 min to write one for you. I don’t think every knife being sold is to a robot, but the absolutely exist. Sorry that there isn’t video evidence of someone gaming the system for a hyper niche hobby.
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

man this forum never fails to deliver on the reply guy front

To get back on topic. Mydo just dropped a bunch of really beautiful Nakagawas 🤤.

oh come on let me have some fun

I want to hear more about the 1337 haxx0rs on reddit and twitch who are gonna teach me about something so basic it wouldnt even qualify as a side project

edit: to be fair if you mean mydoya I got real close to buying that Isas Honyaki but BST came through for me

Yes, these haven't produced for a couple of years. These routinely sold on KKF and from the retailer at about $500.
Even the pimped out ones are well below $1000. I get the feeling the one in the ad is not new either. New handle and an etch to accentuate the hamon and banding. It didn't come out the factory looking like that.

Back