Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked the logo on the buttcap from @Andrei 's recent Post

1000032185.jpg

Anyone have experience with Tobias Hangler's grind?
He varies his grinds quite some, tries different stuff and likes to experiment.
Often times his grinds are slight convex. Haven't had a knife of his in hands which didn't cut well. Cuts smoothly but doesn't feel fragile at all, more substantial. I got to test drive a knife by Tobias which had also one of my most favourite tip sections. Stupidly thin but still stiff and solid
Spine.jpg

I got on his books for a Custom some time ago and this knife cemented the desire to get one. He doesn't make too many knives since he is quite busy with workshops, Apex Ultra and some. No idea when I will get mine but told him don't worry. So definitely don't sleep on him

Interesting that Modern Cooking and Eating Tools dropped what looks like an almost identical Tobias Hangler and Eating Tools was over $300 higher.
Looks like the handle is a different wood but the specs are almost identical. I’m kinda skeptical (or may be curious is the better word here) about this profile…anyone with any experience?

He varies his grinds quite some, tries different stuff and likes to experiment.
Often times his grinds are slight convex. Haven't had a knife of his in hands which didn't cut well. Cuts smoothly but doesn't feel fragile at all, more substantial. I got to test drive a knife by Tobias which had also one of my most favourite tip sections. Stupidly thin but still stiff and solid
View attachment 301249
I got on his books for a Custom some time ago and this knife cemented the desire to get one. He doesn't make too many knives since he is quite busy with workshops, Apex Ultra and some. No idea when I will get mine but told him don't worry. So definitely don't sleep on him
I can agree, great knife! Also will get a custom from him in the future.

Playlist: Tobias Hangler AU

Too many Kanji on the bloomery for me.

I love me some JNS Munetoshi though. I would take one of those Nashiji Bloomer if it just had the regular Kanji, swap off the handle for a Burnt chestnut and call it a day.

Plenty happy with my plain ol KU, but if we’re tryna be fancy, both the regular Uchi, or bloomery look nice.
Same here. I like the finish of the bloomery, but not he kanji. Maybe I'd get one without kanji

What's the cost of those Uchigumori 240s from JNS? My interest is piqued. I feel like I've got a particularly good rando Munetoshi but I'm curious enough about the difference between the two that I make take the plunge next time one pops up.
I don't recall the price but it was a fairly reasonable upcharge considering the work involved. If I did not pick up another Morihei FF for a screaming deal then I think I would've kept mine.

Back