Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1410.png

I know it is right. Still feels/sounds weird to me lol
That happens to me. I encounter a construction that is “wait what” but survives inquiry.

(edit) how would it be written to sound “right” to you?

Is this another auction type thing
No it’s not. The knife will be for sale at noon tomorrow and the first person to buy it gets it

Just for some cool facts, Hashimoto is considered a metal artist / Damascus metal pattern artist who just happens to make beautiful knives.

This knife will probably be about $2500-3500 and is considered a collectible more than a usable knife. You can certainly use it and it would probably be a great knife to use but it ventures into the “art piece” world of knives

Just my $0.02 but I would personally love to have a Hashimoto but I’m not in the right portion of my life to drop that kind of money for a knife I wouldn’t ever use

1990s as a single decade. “The 1990s says hello.” Obviously wrong here but “sounds” better to me…
Thanks for specifying. It’s somewhat like the different idioms Americans and British have for collectives. Americans are very unlikely to say what is second nature overseas, e. g. “Ford have announced q3 earnings …”

I’m probably butchering the Kipling quote, but

“There’s fifty-seven ways to build a tribal lay/ and every bloody one of them is right.”

No it’s not. The knife will be for sale at noon tomorrow and the first person to buy it gets it

Just for some cool facts, Hashimoto is considered a metal artist / Damascus metal pattern artist who just happens to make beautiful knives.

This knife will probably be about $2500-3500 and is considered a collectible more than a usable knife. You can certainly use it and it would probably be a great knife to use but it ventures into the “art piece” world of knives

Just my $0.02 but I would personally love to have a Hashimoto but I’m not in the right portion of my life to drop that kind of money for a knife I wouldn’t ever use
I usderstand completely, I already have enough knives I don’t use

To the best of my knowledge, it is correct.

(incidentally) One rule to which I have never found an exception is never apostrophize a plural.
"It's a plural's prerogative to never be apostrophized..."

Had todays raquin checked out within maybe 7-10 seconds and someone beat me to it… is google pay on the computer or Apple Pay via iPhone faster..?

Losing my mind on these drops lol
I think the one tap pay thing on mobile is probably the fastest way. All of them have gone brutally fast so far.

To the best of my knowledge, it is correct.

(incidentally) One rule to which I have never found an exception is never apostrophize a plural.

I think some style guides are more flexible and consider “the 1980’s” to be appropriate.

Also apostrophe to indicate multiple lower case letters, e.g. “Mississippi sure has a lot of i’s”. And there’s weird inconsistent cases like “these are the do’s and don’ts”.

Personally I think you just write it (informal content) the way that feels right as the interwebs are screwing up formal grammar rules anyway due to content written by people who don’t know what a style guide is. If enough people violate a rule then the rule eventually gets rewritten.

Back