Massdrop III: Kamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a great gift to the community. I still don’t know how you were able to make all 30 of them in a week. I love the finish: I’ve never seen a fully mirror polished denty cleaver before. The intricate engravings on the handles are also amazing, although imo mine is a little heavy on the religious imagery. Thanks again for doing the drop! I’m absolutely loving mine.

Which handle did you get? I got the one with Hugin and Munnin but the ones with the valkyries or the one with Sköll and Háti were very cool too. @RDalman does nice work, so detailed.

Which handle did you get? I got the one with Hugin and Munnin but the ones with the valkyries or the one with Sköll and Háti were very cool too. @RDalman does nice work, so detailed.

Mostly my handle was covered in replicas of the carving referenced below. I think making my earlier handle really helped him: the small detail work was incredibly lifelike.

CEE7938F-2536-42DD-BA8A-819D79D595B0.jpeg

I’m in for this lottery, always been wanting a Kamon Knife, this is a great opportunity.
If I’m lucky, I’ll pick the 260 x 58, Thanks.

I’m also wondering if it’s possible to get some extra handles if we pay more?

Last edited:
I’m in for this lottery, always been wanting a Kamon Knife, this is a great opportunity.
If I’m lucky, I’ll pick the 260 x 58, Thanks.

I’m also wondering if it’s possible to get some extra handles if we pay more?
What do you mean “extra handles”? Do you mean “extra handles”? The same handle but “extra”? 🙂 we can certainly ask Ben

What do you mean “extra handles”? Do you mean “extra handles”? The same handle but “extra”? 🙂 we can certainly ask Ben
Yes Same handle but with different color, I really liked the blue color handle he made. Would liked to have at least two different color handles. Switching back and forth depends on the mood, I know it’s really easy to change handle for Kamon Knives. I won’t mind paying extra for more handles.

Attachments

• D1FA7E5C-7B80-42D4-8B99-D38555D9CD91.png
    D1FA7E5C-7B80-42D4-8B99-D38555D9CD91.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 78D12FA5-78FB-4C72-8737-51877F485FEC.png
    78D12FA5-78FB-4C72-8737-51877F485FEC.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hey Guys

Just wanted to write a few words here also. I'll spare you from talking about me too much but I'd like to say something about this project.

I'm really excited about it already as I think it could be a cool thing to execute from an craftsman perspective and also make some people happy that would otherwise not have a chance to get ahold of my knives.
And... how can I say no when there are such dedicated people organizing mass drops for the knife community? The community that means so much to me. Not only because it brings food to my table nowadays, but also because it was giving enough to let me learn this craft in the first place, make connections, find friends and last but not least find customers that bring up enough trust to give me their hard earned money for what I've crafted for them.
So here's a big thanks for the organization from my end to @RockyBasel, @nakiriknaifuwaifu and @alterwisser in advance!

About the actual knife:

Essentially it will be this knife right here regarding blade profile and handle construction but with my denty (tsuchime) KU finish and bog oak wood instead of the ash seen in the pics/video.

Regarding additional handles:

I understand those wishes completely as one has the option to take the handle off with my knives and exchange it with another one.
However... This is a mass drop so organization is a little different than what I usually do. Making extra handles will make the whole process more complicated by a reasonable amount so I can't confirm yet that any customization will be possible. After all a mass drop is a mass drop for the reason of efficiency. If efficiency lacks too much that would defy the sense of it. I have to think about this topic a little.

If you guys got other questions that are not answered by my website (informing about the basic info regarding my work), don't hesitate to ask them!

Looks very tempting, awaiting for the price point. Any speculations?

Back