New knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting reacquainted with the power hammer and testing out my new batch of wrought iron.

Wanting to do more integral yo handle gyutos going forward.

185mm, 52100 and wrought iron. Stabalized black palm scales.

Those came out awesome. I wouldn't mind a set, if you forgot a few laying around the shop

Haha, have a few prototypes hat have a touch of warping that would need to be straightened ou

I don't think yo handle integrals is a good direction to head in...

...for my wallet or my marriage, that is.

Were the steak knives any harder or significantly different to make than a normal size knife? For some reason I'm imagining smaller knives being more difficult to make.

240mm. 52100, nickel, wrought iron.

20230311_160200.jpg

20230311_160207.jpg

20230311_160209.jpg

20230311_160212.jpg

20230311_145141.jpg

I don't think yo handle integrals is a good direction to head in...

...for my wallet or my marriage, that is.

Were the steak knives any harder or significantly different to make than a normal size knife? For some reason I'm imagining smaller knives being more difficult to make.

Ahh, somehow didn't see your comment! Sorry for the late reply.

I try to put in the same level attention into small knives as big knives, so I found myself going back touching up small things repeatedly, haha.

I wouldn't say more difficult, but they definitely take more time per knife for the size compared to a larger blade.

Ahh, somehow didn't see your comment! Sorry for the late reply.
No worries.

I wouldn't say more difficult, but they definitely take more time per knife for the size compared to a larger blade.
That makes sense. I guess that's what I was envisioning. Small package, same effort.

New knife above looks great. Choil shot looks real nice

So uh... I have two words...

1. Fish

2. Spatula

:p

Hmmmm. Might need to borrow some. Tools from a friend's shop to make that happen.

Those are nice! My 4” offset is one of my favorite baking tools, one of those would be a sweet upgrade.

Use my offset so much in pro kitchens. Tasting, stirring, plating, getting final drops from vitamix and delis, breaking down boxes, opening vacuum bags.. Haha, seriously too many things.

If I were having a better month I’d definitely be on one of those spats. Hope you produce more in the future!
I really hope you will be making more!

Have titanium incoming! Have a big box of wood that I've collected, so will have some interesting handle choices as.

Latest posts

Back