occasionally we cut ourselves. the best tape EVER.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
Leukotape. I think it is an athletic tape for binding joints or something. it is so robust. I bought it initially to tape up my feet on pack packing trips. it stops blisters & keeps new ones from starting better than any tape on the market, IMHO. I use it to tape up fingers when I am fishing hard on long trips. it is waterproof in the way it will not come loose when wet. on my feet, I have had the same tape for 7 days straight. it gets nasty, but it stays put.

I have started using it on cuts. I use a regular bandaid which I think is the worst adhesive ever. one dip into moisture and it is game over. I don't think I have ever had a bandaid stay put on my body in my sleep. I will wake up with the thing missing. I wrap with a bandaid and then wrap with the Leukotape. zero issues. you pro-kitchen guys should get some for your locker. with a glove, it will stay all day, and it isn't bulky.

Attachments

• 71hY5qIyLnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71hY5qIyLnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0
great stuff indeed, I go through a ton of the (much cheaper) equivalent for audio. It comes as physio therapy tape around here, available in many colors and several widths.

Last edited:
Leukotape. I think it is an athletic tape for binding joints or something. it is so robust. I bought it initially to tape up my feet on pack packing trips. it stops blisters & keeps new ones from starting better than any tape on the market, IMHO. I use it to tape up fingers when I am fishing hard on long trips. it is waterproof in the way it will not come loose when wet. on my feet, I have had the same tape for 7 days straight. it gets nasty, but it stays put.

I have started using it on cuts. I use a regular bandaid which I think is the worst adhesive ever. one dip into moisture and it is game over. I don't think I have ever had a bandaid stay put on my body in my sleep. I will wake up with the thing missing. I wrap with a bandaid and then wrap with the Leukotape. zero issues. you pro-kitchen guys should get some for your locker. with a glove, it will stay all day, and it isn't bulky.

Also makes nice cardboard sayas.

I used crazy glue once.

But my preferred band aid is those thin clear ones where you pull the paper from the outside and they conform to your skin. They are good for some time.

This stuff is awesome. You can pretty much replace most of your first aid kit with a roll of leukoplast + a roll of cling film if you're a bit creative.
To improvise bandaids you only need the tape: just take a piece, fold it over on the glued side (so you just have an non-sticky piece) and put that over the wound / cut and fix it with another piece of tape. Putting sticky tape directly over a wound / cut / blister is not ideal since there's a good chance you'll open it up again when you tear the tape off.

I actually used this stuff the most for 'preventive taping'. As one of my instructors once said: 'blisters are a choice'.

I used crazy glue once.

But my preferred band aid is those thin clear ones where you pull the paper from the outside and they conform to your skin. They are good for some time.
the tape, crazy glue and a piece of gauze are pretty much all you need IMO.
I always giggle when I look at the mandatory first aid kit you need to carry in your car in some countries, you can do F... all with it when you need more than a band aid.

Steri-strips!

Dermabond is great, too. Love that stuff.
Yep! I carry surgical glue and clotting powder. Also +1 trainer tape like in the OP. I rolled some tobacco out of a cigarette and used it on wounds in a kitchen a few times, that works decently, and frequently wished I had gunpowder on me because that would look even more BA.

I'm grabbing some of this. Thanks! I try to keep a serious first aid/bandage collection. One particularly bad day, clotting powder and a couple of those expensive bandages with a wire in them to keep a long wound closed saved me a (more expensive) trip to the emergency room. I've since learned not to leave blades in a clamp for any longer than necessary.

Depending on the wound location, those hydrocolloid bandages can stay on for days.

Back