• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Red Flags on BST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all I don’t remember anyone asking you a Godd*mn thing 😃 but here you are chastising a new member on a for sale thread that isn’t even your own. New member just bought a denka last week I think he can afford one of the 15 Sakai knives that constantly move through BST in the $300ish range that sit unsold for a month. Kinda crazy you assume he isn’t going to buy it though?
Asking for original product page is not an unreasonable request.
Might wanna sit this one out.
Brother you cannot even understand a simple sentence and you are telling me to "sit this one out?"

Didn't know I needed to ask you permission to post on a public thread 🤣

Weird been on the forum for 5 years with you, and you just have a meltdown because I made a meme about a maker with I LOVE JESUS HE GIVES ME CELESTIAL POWERS TO FORGE DEMON SLAYING BLADES in rainbow letters his bio and you freak. Did I offend a jesus loving boomer?

Last edited:
Why do you think I’m mad? If you want to be some hobbiest dweeb have at it.
There’s still certain aspects of this forum that will remain helper forum and yes I will drag TF outta you all week if you want to mess w a guy that just joined the forum like a week ago for asking a reasonable question.

Why do you think I’m mad? If you want to be some hobbiest dweeb have at it.
There’s still certain aspects of this forum that will remain helper forum and yes I will drag TF outta you all week if you want to mess w a guy that just joined the forum like a week ago for asking a reasonable question.
I dont have any TF in me...I know you got a lot in you though! Hobbiest dweeb, says the guy with 11k messages here.

Why do you think I was messing with a guy for asking what his question meant, and then further gave him advice about how the knife performed and how knives like this come to be? Just weird man. No rational person would think that after my 2 posts.

Kinda just seemed like you wanted to pick a fight with me after I politely ask what else he could want to know about the knife, and my personal experience with it

In the rules: "The B/S/T forum is not a place for jokes, comments, discussions, recommendations, or suggestions on where to purchase products. The thread belongs to the original poster, do not de-rail or threadjack." The question he was asking didn't seem to have anything to do with buying the knife in question, more about the line in general, which is why I suggested he DM about it or make a thread elsewhere.

Now normally I am not the biggest rule follower, but mutes do happen for people having discussions in B/S/T. Which is why I suggested dm's in the first place.

regardless, don't want to be banned for clogging up a sales post with bickering, so I am just going to delete any post that doesn't have to do with my showing pictures and explaining the knife is the same one being advertised on zahocho, and my experiences with it :)

we also do not need to continue this here. If you have a problemo with me, feel free to dm me and we can work it out.

Last edited:
Brother you cannot even understand a simple sentence and you are telling me to "sit this one out?"

Didn't know I needed to ask you permission to post on a public thread 🤣

Weird been on the forum for 5 years with you, and you just have a meltdown because I made a meme about a maker with I LOVE JESUS HE GIVES ME CELESTIAL POWERS TO FORGE DEMON SLAYING BLADES in rainbow letters his bio and you freak. Did I offend a jesus loving boomer?

You're business branding tactics are certainly... unique.

GLWS!!!!

growing trend of figurative circle jerking amongst some to get their friends
527050a1-b308-4089-9bf6-207b3dbbc6ea_text.gif

If any of this is on reference to me...the knife has been on sale for a month without me saying anything in regards to it, or the seller.

After trying to offer helpful info, I wanted to steer the conversation back towards the seller to keep it on topic and mention that I've had good experiences with him, and 30% off for a new knife was a good deal. Not sure what's wrong with that.

But yeah original post probably should be in the unpopular opinions thread/high drama thread

For what its worth my comment about figurative circle jerking off wasn’t directed at @jedy617 even by his own admission he hadn’t commented to push the sale of said knife so I’m confused why he even thinks that’s directed at him.
The only reason I even entered into the same comments as him on ashys for sale thread is because he was harassing a new member for asking questions and I felt the need to stand up for a new guy that was simply making a reasonable inquiry.
Jedy will tell you he was definitely helping and he doesn’t see what the big deal is but I think we’ve seen this before. Anyway, it’s Ashys thread I have no idea why he took it upon himself to shoot down inquiry’s, Ashy responded already clearly the question wasn’t a big deal.
Did not expect the level of Pychopathic Narcissism I received but then again I was also unaware of who I was dealing with because I actually never noticed this thread before.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/the-high-drama-thread.60998/

I am not even sure why or if this is a problem and how this is a red flag, unless a group of people are scamming together. Doesn't seem to be the case here.
Circle-jerking is always a problem, regardless of the context

Still don't get how you get harassing out of: " can you explain your question more" since he asked about where the knife came from which was literally in the OP, And then proceeding to answer his next question. Seems like a weird way of trying to paint me as a bad guy, but if that's what you get out of it that's fine. Regardless, anyone can read the thread and come to their own conclusion

Psychopathic narcism...:rolleyes: watching too much Dr. Phil. I think it's damaging to go around labeling people you don't know with mental illnesses and personality disorders, so why don't we just both stop here. We have strayed way too far from the topic at hand again anyway.

Last edited:
Hmm. Not really an answer. So the claim is that people promote knives of their friends to get them sold. The concern is that they misrepresent the knives or that newer members will be caught up in the hype and buy something they don't want? I am just trying to understand the issue here and why it belongs in this thread.

As an example would your comments below qualify? I personally don't see anything wrong with them just a little bit of humor, but maybe I am wrong here as I guess it could be viewed as you trying to help the seller sell by signaling to others that this is a great knife/deal and under different circumstances you would jump on it.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...my-250-gyuto-and-300-suji.71446/#post-1104253

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...-s-grind-xerxes-230-gyuto.71705/#post-1108844

Hmm. Not really an answer. So the claim is that people promote knives of their friends to get them sold. The concern is that they misrepresent the knives or that newer members will be caught up in the hype and buy something they don't want? I am just trying to understand the issue here and why it belongs in this thread.

As an example would your comments below qualify? I personally don't see anything wrong with them just a little bit of humor, but maybe I am wrong here as I guess it could be viewed as you trying to help the seller sell by signaling to others that this is a great knife/deal and under different circumstances you would jump on it.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...my-250-gyuto-and-300-suji.71446/#post-1104253

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...-s-grind-xerxes-230-gyuto.71705/#post-1108844

Both comments you linked are irrelevant. I commented after a knife was SPF on the first post. On the second, I commented after being tagged by people who were looking out for me.

Both comments you linked are irrelevant. I commented after a knife was SPF on the first post. On the second, I commented after being tagged by people who were looking out for me.
I am just trying to understand if comments like these would qualify if they were made before the sale. I am not singling you out or pointing at intent, I just used first 2 comments of yours that I thought were in the same theme. I thought that using someone else's comments would be inappropriate since I was asking you and you would know the intent.

Also, I am not sure how being tagged changes things. Presumably if my friend tags me to point at something he thinks I would like and I come into a BST thread and say how great this deal is and I wish I could get it, it is no different from me saying the same thing without being tagged. In both cases it might help with the sale.

Last edited:
I thought circle jerking was what this forum was all about? 🤔
Circle jerking is sooo 2010. The big kids have embraced the higher conic sextions, like using their ellips and of course the parabollox. Then there’s the endless pleasures of frigonometry.

Masturmaticians move among us.

I am just trying to understand if comments like these would qualify if they were made before the sale. I am not singling you out or pointing at intent, I just used first 2 comments of yours that I thought were in the same theme. I thought that using someone else's comments would be inappropriate since I was asking you and you would know the intent.
I think the classic “omg why hasn’t this sold yet?!?!?!?!?!?”

I’m not trying to publicly call people out and mean it a bit more light-heartedly. A lot of people I chat with quite a bit comment like that. Its more of a simple etiquette change than anything. Most people are just being nice when making those types of remarks, I just see them as unnecessary.

I think the classic “omg why hasn’t this sold yet?!?!?!?!?!?”

I’m not trying to publicly call people out and mean it a bit more light-heartedly. A lot of people I chat with quite a bit comment like that. Its more of a simple etiquette change than anything. Most people are just being nice when making those types of remarks, I just see them as unnecessary.
OK, I agree, but I also think that all of the "I wish I could buy this..." or "If only it was longer, shorter, taller, etc." comments are unnecessary, I have made these myself though. Any comment in a BST thread that is not specifically asking about the item being sold is unnecessary to me, including the history about the maker or the line or the weather when the knife was made. I wish people just stuck to asking relevant questions about the item itself.

Mmmmmm maybe you haven't been in the right circle jerk?

Edit: my wife tells me my sarcasm is often not understood. So to be clear. I'm being facetious
- mostly came to read the latest smut and chime in with a snarky comment.

Back