Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope it resolves in your favor.

Regarding the knife, it’s really disappointing to hear that he noticed it and still shipped it out. I would’ve expected him to respond with “send it back at my expense and I’ll replace immediately” when called out. Just an apology kinda sucks and is a poor business practice considering how small the knife community is.

Still, I think you have the right attitude. Use and enjoy it. And at some point if the crack bothers you then take him at his word and send it back for rehandling.
Thanks Delat. Everything willing, one surgery and I'll be fine. I'll know for sure after the surgery and some more tests.

In the meantime, I'll fix the handle and enjoy. All I can do.

Made a recent WTB post and was offered this beautiful BNIB 240 iron clad Watanabe as well as a Toyama petty from two super nice members. I am pretty quiet on the forum for the most part but have learned so much from the people here and really like the community that exists in this space. Thank you! 240 x 54 225g with a keyaki handle
IMG_1946.jpg
IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg

Last edited:
Made a recent WTB past and was offered this beautiful BNIB 240 iron clad Watanabe as well as a Toyama petty from two super nice members. I am pretty quiet on the forum for the most part but have learned so much from the people here and really like the community that exists in this space. Thank you! 240 x 54 225g with a keyaki handle.

I’ve got that same Watanabe, keyaki handle and all. It’s an absolutely phenomenal cutter and feels bullet proof. Hope you enjoy it.

I’ve got that same Watanabe, keyaki handle and all. It’s an absolutely phenomenal cutter and feels bullet proof. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you I am enjoying it quite a lot. I think the handle is a real upgrade over the d shaped handles that most of them come with as well. Very happy

Reactions: WCV
Mutsumi Hinoura 180 Bunka, white #2 stainless clad.
Wife was keen on a new knife and after careful consideration chose this. She was very happy with it after breezing through tonight’s chicken thighs 👌

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
He offered this early this year, then put the handle in. I’ve never used his old A2. He said he reverted back to the same heat treatment as the old batches (62HRC) after feedback from customers of the higher HRC came back. He said he was more comfortable with that number and how the knife performs. So I guess this will perform similar to the old ones. Haven’t put it through its paces yet.

New to me. I have to say I’m floored. Not sure why I waited this long to try western makers. Thanks to @WCV and @daveb ’s recommendation in the western makers recommendation thread, especially @daveb ’s strong statement about Hoss’ knives, I took the splurge and got this from one of the nicest people I met since I started in this hobby. I honestly don’t know why I would need another 240mm gyuto. My pictures don’t really do this knife justice.

IMG_7189.png
IMG_7190.png
IMG_7191.png
IMG_7192.png

Back