Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dehory, that’s an EXCELLENT well-rounded collection. There’s a good selection of styles. The Shindo is totally underrated. I used one yesterday on salad prep for several days worth of carrots, jicama, tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce. Amazing knife for the money, and just an amazing knife for food separation. Glass like cuts on carrots, and keeps the edge well even when cutting several tomatoes. I think it deserves to be in the mix you have.

View attachment 305727

Raquin 270 gyuto (gyutohiki?) • 271x50 / 208g • xc10 clad 125sc • burnt oak mono

Yanick Puig 280 sujihiki • 281x41 / 221g • kurouchi wrought iron clad 135cr3 • santos rosewood + olivewood

Spåre 300 bread sword • 2092 mono • masur birch + walnut

Sugimoto #6 chuka bocho • iron clad shirogami 2

Eddworks S-grind 200 bunka • 202x71 / 238g • 52100 mono • ironwood mono

Kyohei Shindo 210 gyuto • iron clad aogami 2 • oak mono

HSC 180 petty • 180x40 / 141g • cruwear mono • ironwood + vulcanized fiber

I had enough self control to cancel my Haburn order, but not quite enough to resist the Yanick suji. Or the Raquin.

The Sugimoto, Shindo, and Eddworks were pickups just for fun.

And the HSC was because I was really wanting a nice large petty.

Which is why I now have three of them.

And two mini gyutos.

*Siiiigh.*
Miiiight need to commission one of those eddworks. That super tall bunka concept just looks tooooooo fun

Maybe some of you saw my stag handled Denka and how I said it was just too fancy/special for me. Well I sent that one off to a home that will appreciate it properly, and got something a bit more fitting of a blue collar simpleton like me. Very happy with my new 240 Denka!

IMG_3338.jpeg

The Shindo is totally underrated. I used one yesterday on salad prep for several days worth of carrots, jicama, tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce. Amazing knife for the money, and just an amazing knife for food separation. Glass like cuts on carrots, and keeps the edge well even when cutting several tomatoes. I think it deserves to be in the mix you have.
Definitely a no-brainer with a decent (no plastic ferrule!) handle for ~$100. The only knife I‘ve ever bought with comparable bang-for-buck is a CCK 1303. It feels unfair comparing the Shindo with knives costing 2-3x, but let’s just say it’s a pleasure to use a tool that offers so much for so little.

Miiiight need to commission one of those eddworks. That super tall bunka concept just looks tooooooo fun
It’s the most fun I’ve had with a knife in a while. It’s kind of perfect the way it is, but I’m also pretty tempted myself to commission one that’s a little bit longer in AU mono…

Maybe some of you saw my stag handled Denka and how I said it was just too fancy/special for me. Well I sent that one off to a home that will appreciate it properly, and got something a bit more fitting of a blue collar simpleton like me. Very happy with my new 240 Denka!

View attachment 305756
Now all you need to do is save up your $$ to buy a proper cutting board.

View attachment 305727

Raquin 270 gyuto (gyutohiki?) • 271x50 / 208g • xc10 clad 125sc • burnt oak mono

Yanick Puig 280 sujihiki • 281x41 / 221g • kurouchi wrought iron clad 135cr3 • santos rosewood + olivewood

Spåre 300 bread sword • 2092 mono • masur birch + walnut

Sugimoto #6 chuka bocho • iron clad shirogami 2

Eddworks S-grind 200 bunka • 202x71 / 238g • 52100 mono • ironwood mono

Kyohei Shindo 210 gyuto • iron clad aogami 2 • oak mono

HSC 180 petty • 180x40 / 141g • cruwear mono • ironwood + vulcanized fiber

I had enough self control to cancel my Haburn order, but not quite enough to resist the Yanick suji. Or the Raquin.

The Sugimoto, Shindo, and Eddworks were pickups just for fun.

And the HSC was because I was really wanting a nice large petty.

Which is why I now have three of them.

And two mini gyutos.

*Siiiigh.*
How are you liking that bunka from Edd? I got its brother. He made two roughly the same size. I wanted that s-grind but the handle on the other one spoke to me. It is ironwood too. I got a gyuto at the same time.

How are you liking that bunka from Edd? I got its brother. He made two roughly the same size. I wanted that s-grind but the handle on the other one spoke to me. It is ironwood too. I got a gyuto at the same time.
It's an extremely fun knife. Best pure cutter? No, it wedges and cracks a bit with sweet potatoes. (Does great with apples and potatoes though.) I really enjoy how it manages to feel both really cute/nimble and kind of brutal at the same time. Terrific weight/power and balance. I imagine this is why people love the Tinker Tank.

I'm considering asking Ed if he might be able to make a longer one for me in AU, but there would be compromises in the way a bigger one would feel in the hand – this one feels spot on.

It's an extremely fun knife. Best pure cutter? No, it wedges and cracks a bit with sweet potatoes. (Does great with apples and potatoes though.) I really enjoy how it manages to feel both really cute/nimble and kind of brutal at the same time. Terrific weight/power and balance. I imagine this is why people love the Tinker Tank.

I'm considering asking Ed if he might be able to make a longer one for me in AU, but there would be compromises in the way a bigger one would feel in the hand – this one feels spot on.
I got this as an alternative to the Tinker Tank. I knew I was never gonna snag one so why not get a custom one. Mine doesn't have the s grind but the food release is very good. I get a skosh of cracking but I just don't know how cracking could be overcome in a knife this tall and thick, which I wouldn't want either compromised. I was getting a similar one made by Erik Gullikson but I got too ambitious and backed out, it was going to be wrought clad AU. I was afraid the 210 was going to feel too big, but it feels pretty good in the hand. I got a Dua Vau V3 Tank as a test kiricleaver. Those really aren't horrible, especially for the money.

Well, i actually thought i was happy with my current collection and didn’t feel an imminent urge for a new knife….
Then came an IG post and some messages, now i have this beauty from will catcheside in my possession. Yet to use it because it ARM… not the best timing to buy new gyutos😅

Insta
IMG_5084.jpeg

Last edited:
Wood day is good day. Stabilization box of about 20lbs worth from last yr finally arrived today

View attachment 305935
I just bought a big lot of wood from Ashy2classy. I cannot wait to start making some handles from it. These pieces look freaking great and turned out awesome. I don't know which is my favorite.

Wife was mad I sold her @Knot Handcrafted nakiri so I replaced it with this little guy off BST.

View attachment 306050

She loves the 180mm size when she doesn’t want to use a 135 petty, stainless since she’s a little careless, and very comfortable choil and spine.

Might need to look at getting a bigger one for myself one of these days.
How do I get my wife to get mad about me selling knives. She only gets mad when I buy them!

Back