Suggestions for good oven mitts ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taurahe

Reaction score
I'm on the prowl for oven mitts for at home . I have been using Big Red House brand for several years , but their quality has gone down hill . My first pair lasted several years .... My last two haven't made it six months . Both pairs split the seam between thumb and pointer finger.... Kind of a crucial spot when grabbing hot things. So I'm moving on.

I'm looking for something that can stand regular use and washing in the washing machine , and they have to fit large hands comfortably. I wear xl-2x gloves .
I use them for the oven , grill and smoker so durability is a must. Standard length is preferred but forearm length would be OK if they are worth it . Color selection would be nice but not important .... Yes, I'm boujie.
Silicone on the mitt in some form for grip is also a bonus but not a necessity.
Also, visually appealing would be nice. I hang my oven mitts with my aprons , and want them to look nice... Because boujie.
A suggestion for a craftsman who makes oven mitts would be a double bonus..... I'm boujie and I like to support the small guys doing a thing

I've heard someone recommend welding gloves in the past but I never actually tested them. But I guess it's worth looking into.

I've heard someone recommend welding gloves in the past but I never actually tested them. But I guess it's worth looking into.
Not what I'm looking for , honestly. Like I said, I hang mine in the dining room so they need to be nifty and eye catching ... Unless they are made from dragon leather ....

Also, visually appealing would be nice. I hang my oven mitts with my aprons , and want them to look nice... Because boujie.
A suggestion for a craftsman who makes oven mitts would be a double bonus..... I'm boujie and I like to support the small guys doing a thing
Here you go...
Linny Kenney Bougie Mitts
If you want to be extra bougie you can pay much more for them at Eating Tools!
Extra Bougie!!

I’ve been through a few:
I have been through a few oven nuts, but weren’t happy with the lack of dexterity.
Tried some welding gloves, but these were terrible for dropping fine leather shavings into my food.
Found these and love them. Great cross over oven mitts / BBQ gloves. Easily washable, excellent grip, good heat resistance, and full finger dexterity.
https://www.grillarmorgloves.com/products/grill-armor-gloves-red

@Vertigo Aye I’d agree with taurahe. They are still fabric mitts even if they have the silicon rings around. So I imagine at some point they will absorb the water. For fast, intermittent use they should be fine but at the frequency of hotel use I doubt they will tolerate.

I've been looking for a pair of new mitts, too, and this is exactly what I wanted. For kitchen use, I really don't like those barbecue gloves; they're too hard to put on/take off quickly. (I have a pair I use for the smoker, but the really aren't great for frequent kitchen use.)

Back