This is a very weird design.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get it; product release was, and still is, an issue. But who the heck came up with this, thing? And how did they get a succession of bosses at Wusthoff to get this into production?
weird wusty.jpg

Kinda curious how it performs, actually. :)

It’s a distant mutant cousin to Kippington’s Chevron grind, after all. I imagine it doesn’t go through food very well because of the ridge (the bottom edge if the ridge could be softened), but probably has good release? The holes are there to prevent stuff from sticking below the ridge.

MassDrop?

The engineers told managers that they reduced the amount of steel by 10% and could increase the sale price.

it almost looks like someone took a granton knife to the rifle range for target practice. The ridge helps clothes pins grip it.

Are these made in China? Maybe someone had trouble reading the instructions for grantons and they already made a million of them, so send it to marketing for spin?

It's for those people that do the super fast "CHOP! CHOP!! CHOP!!! F*** HAVING A KEEN EDGE I'M A CHEF! Hurdur." so they can slow down. A 'speed bump' if you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: ian
I get it; product release was, and still is, an issue. But who the heck came up with this, thing? And how did they get a succession of bosses at Wusthoff to get this into production?View attachment 121303
I’ve handle a more awkward one few years ago, with no knuckle clearance, been advertised as never stick and never needed sharpened, it’s completely opposite as advertised, ended up as a beer bottle opener instead
DD165C81-10F1-4D2C-AAEA-1E76AA113737.png

150 bucks.. that must be for a whole block right??
Ha! That's for the bolstered version. No-bolster is still a plunge at $100 bucks.

Ten people--ten bucks each. Pass around. I think we should do it. :dancingchicken:

Back