Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flat edit: RUBBER spatulas are pointless and should be outlawed. Any spatula that is not also a scoop is a sign of low moral character, communism, and possibly of having intimate relations with livestock over candle light. There’s nothing a flat spatula can do that a scoop spatula can’t do.

IMG_5072.jpeg

Last edited:
Flat spatulas are pointless and should be outlawed. Any spatula that is not also a scoop is a sign of low moral character, communism, and possibly of having intimate relations with livestock over candle light. There’s nothing a flat spatula can do that a scoop spatula can’t do.

View attachment 260322
Ancestral wisdom proven right again
IMG_5566.jpeg

Flat spatulas are pointless and should be outlawed. Any spatula that is not also a scoop is a sign of low moral character, communism, and possibly of having intimate relations with livestock over candle light. There’s nothing a flat spatula can do that a scoop spatula can’t do.

View attachment 260322
Child: Daddy, why did the fish fillet break apart into little pieces this time?
Father: Son, it's because there is a very bad person on a knife forum

I agree with you, but those rasp knives are art and not tools. I also have wondered at the lack of female representation here. It’s quite interesting.
I agree with you, but those rasp knives are art and not tools. I also have wondered at the lack of female representation here. It’s quite interesting.
Tool or art?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Let’s settle this once and for all. Let’s do a CM passaround (charge 10/20/30 whatever and let’s buy one).

On a serious note, I would say that 99.9% of the forum is extremely welcoming and is one the “cleanest” forums I have seen (no politics for example)

Let’s settle this once and for all. Let’s do a CM passaround (charge 10/20/30 whatever and let’s buy one).

On a serious note, I would say that 99.9% of the forum is extremely welcoming and is one the “cleanest” forums I have seen (no politics for example)

there's no such thing as "no politics"

there is such a thing as "we're not allowed to talk about politics". quite a bit different.

If this thread has taught me anything it's that VG10 is a great steel and the only reason Chelsey Miller's knives are $hit is because we're all sexist.

do you actually believe that's the argument? I'm genuinely curious.

there's no such thing as "no politics"

there is such a thing as "we're not allowed to talk about politics". quite a bit different.

do you actually believe that's the argument? I'm genuinely curious.
Call it whatever you want

He's not fighting with everyone, he's only trying to enlighten us with all the realities that only he can see.

oh I'm hardly the only one who can see them.

the folks here who are getting upset could find them too, were they to ever crack open the wonderful repository of knowledge that is a book.

The fact that I make so many folks upset by simply pointing out that their behavior sucks basically confirms that they know their behavior sucks. What people ACTUALLY don't like is the very slight discomfort of being made to actually consider the impact of the things they do on other humans.

The venn diagram of this forums demographics and the people who believe they should only ever be praised in life no matter what is a circle.

If you dont think that watching that is its own reward I dont know what to tell you. Guess Im just mean spirited like that.

I just don't think everything has to be so deep. For example, people meme on the CM knives because they suck and are ugly, and it's funny people buy em. I don't think everything always has to have layers. Anyway just trying not to see bad in people I guess

it's a discussion forum. I'm discussing. if you don't like what I'm saying there's an ignore function; I highly recommend you make use of it. I myself use it as a convenient shortcut to ignore what you write in the knife-centric parts of the forum where I dont personally value what you have to say on that subject. it's not even personal just don't share your perspective on knives.

but at the end of the day, I'd like to see KKF be a place that better represents the wide variety of folks who want to get into the hobby. I think the refusal to engage in the why behind why this place has seen such decline since I first joined is itself contributing to it. I'd love to see some folks who don't look like myself, or maybe more accurately my dad, hanging around and discussing knives and especially JNats. something that will never happen if folks don't wise up to how their actions contribute to that.

and you know, if that's how it's gonna go, OK I can accept that. but no, I do not think I am keen to let the folks doing that act like theyve done nothing to contribute to it do so without comment.

same as my line in the flipper thread; if you are thinking about doing something that might get you criticized, you either need to accept that criticism or not do it.

Why would you ignore what I write in the knife centric parts of the forum? Buddy I am just going to tell you now I literally like everything so I don't get that portion. I think my only strong opinions are I don't like VG-10 and feel that gyutos in PM steels should be ran hard to maximize edge retention. I like westerns, J knives, thick, thin, fancy, rustic really you name it.

You're right it is a discussion forum, I just wanted to point out that it seems like you are perpetually mad and want to pick a fight with everyone, and really seem to see the worst in people, along with a holier than thou attitude. I don't think that contributes to people wanting to come here.

That's just how it seems though, maybe I only see some snippets that portray you in that light. I for one know I love to argue online and can get way too heated easily as well, so I'm not really one to talk.

I really only tend to use the ignore if someone says something just flat out cruel or mean to me, which has only happened a handful of times thankfully, don't have any reason to ignore ya

it's a discussion forum. I'm discussing. if you don't like what I'm saying there's an ignore function; I highly recommend you make use of it. I myself use it as a convenient shortcut to ignore what you write in the knife-centric parts of the forum where I dont personally value what you have to say on that subject. it's not even personal just don't share your perspective on knives.

but at the end of the day, I'd like to see KKF be a place that better represents the wide variety of folks who want to get into the hobby. I think the refusal to engage in the why behind why this place has seen such decline since I first joined is itself contributing to it. I'd love to see some folks who don't look like myself, or maybe more accurately my dad, hanging around and discussing knives and especially JNats. something that will never happen if folks don't wise up to how their actions contribute to that.

and you know, if that's how it's gonna go, OK I can accept that. but no, I do not think I am keen to let the folks doing that act like theyve done nothing to contribute to it do so without comment.

same as my line in the flipper thread; if you are thinking about doing something that might get you criticized, you either need to accept that criticism or not do it.
Let me ask a question.

Why is it ok to you, for someone to personally make fun of a male knife maker?

But making fun of a knife (excluding those that made sexualized comments in the past about said knife maker) made by a female maker, is not ok?

Wouldn't the making fun of a person, instead of an inanimate object, be a bigger deal?

Back