Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the fat part that fans out near the root is actually under a bit of tension with the sides pulling outward from the middle. Do a longitudinal slice (i.e. in the direction of the fibers) down the middle and you’ll see the stalk split apart to the left and right of the cut.

When you cut crosswise from the convex part there’s less material holding the middle together so it wants to split. Cut from the back/concave side and you’re first severing the parts that are exerting the outward force, so no splitting.

I just made all that up but it seems to align with my observations.

Ha! Science and vindication!

:p

Man, I have to say that @isasmedjan’s Serbians are pretty amazing looking. They have a refinement that’s unusual for that kind of knife, and they seem to actually be that perfect knife that does combine the useful features of a gyuto and a cleaver, unlike a lot of other Serbians that are worse than either. I think his books might be open right now, at least for Serbians since he’s trying to make that one of his new specialities. You can PM him on the forum, or DM him on Instagram. Just put Serbian Cleaver somewhere in the title, so he can prioritize your message.

Ian has clearly gone mental so ignore this post....

Scallops are delicious.
PXL_20211007_001109604.jpg

Delicious indeed, but how is this unpopular though? lol
🤷‍♂️ Someone said scallops aren't good.

damn that looks super good
Was my "lunch" meal at work. Mixing things from different stations while staying out of the other cooks way while hurrying up to get off the clock.

Back