What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my new ZMF Atrium headphones.

Lots of Fleetwood Mac to check them out.

20221206_135513.jpg

this one goes out to everybody that enjoys drugs. and also kippington.

this is seriously banging ****.

i guess the vocals are in turkish. fairly certain of that.

acid arab - stil

im only drunk but still i feel that this **** is ripping my my ****ing brain out. i suggest you listen from the beginning and dont FF. at all. its heavy banging ****. highly recommended.

Tonight’s prep - 2000’s pop rock. Foo fighters, Yellowcard, blink 182. Not my usual fare but I had my phase in high school. 8lb chicken thighs for yakitori.
image.jpg

3 strong beer deep and waking my kids up [headbangs far too heavily]

Edit: tonight’s lesson: maybe don’t insert the tip of the knife a 1/4 inch into the bone when splitting the meat. Sharp as all hell still fkkkk yeah. I love being on paternity leave.

Last edited:

of the first five Queen records, Sheer Heart Attack remains my favorite I think.

Yesterday I had the honor of attending the Royal Concertgebouw Orchester in Amsterdam's Concertgebouw where Theodor Currentzis conducted Mahler 4th....WOW, what a performance by an orchestre that performed the work like 250+ times with a dozen or so conductors...he kept them at their toes throughout the performance that was breathtaking. My usual fave versions are the Kubelik recordings with Bavararian Radio Orchestre, this was transcedental in comparison!

Lot's of work to be done on my audio...the overtones, lack of ANY compression in the hall is stunning, it's not without reason that the Concertgebouw ranks #1 or 2 on the global list of best sound!

some more queen

i want it all

show must go on.

one vision

yeah those are the 4 best they ever made. enjoy. full blast guys.
highly unlikely to blow out your speakers.

ive had my hd650 since they came out. and also hd25. thats how i roll. changed the pads on the 650 a few years ago. they only last 10 years.

Have used my HifiMan HE-500 for like 8 years and finally upgraded.

Tested some totl Abyss, Audeze, Focal and a few others and the Atriums are the only pair that made me want to upgrade.

Have a new cable incoming (for aesthetics) and ordered some sappy cocobolo to make a new stand for them as well.

Have used my HifiMan HE-500 for like 8 years and finally upgraded.

Tested some totl Abyss, Audeze, Focal and a few others and the Atriums are the only pair that made me want to upgrade.

Have a new cable incoming (for aesthetics) and ordered some sappy cocobolo to make a new stand for them as well.
if you want truly reference phones look into the hd600. they are as linear as you can make phones. sprinkle to taste with tone control. also there is some akg studio phones that are truly linear maybe the 271 or something, dont really remember. you have to look it up.

the thing with sennheiser and akg is that they have forgotten more than these new brands will ever know about sound :)

thinking about getting a pair of klein & hummel monitors. this is as good as it gets for top range if i dont want to build myself. KH 120 A G EU

ultra linear. very low distortion.

i just have to wait and see if i turn out to owe my landlord 10-20k or so. well, then i can't get these. then i have to sell **** instead of buying ****. hoping for the best though.

if you want truly reference phones look into the hd600. they are as linear as you can make phones. sprinkle to taste with tone control. also there is some akg studio phones that are truly linear maybe the 271 or something, dont really remember. you have to look it up.

the thing with sennheiser and akg is that they have forgotten more than these new brands will ever know about sound :)

Have tried the hd600, hd650, Hd800, hd820 over the years. Enjoyed them a lot, but didn't stick for me.

Atriums are the most enjoyable pair of headphones that I've tried so far. Can listen to them and lose track of time and lose 5 hours, haha.

i used to listen to my 650ies, smoke some w widow and have a 45minute orgasm for 12h straight. those were the days... :)

@inferno I've been thinking about upgrading my Sennhisier HD 595 from 15-20 years ago. Love them, but been kind of itching. So, the 600 and 650 are close in price. I realize there is a personal preference, but which would you choose?

Last edited:
the 600 is the most linear and true ones. the 650 is the same with about 3db bass boost. most people would prefer the 650 i guess. the 650 is also a newer design with a bit less distortion.

this is in swedish. never heard it before. but its good. should hqave heard it but it gue3ss it was "before my time" "no one can love that we can" 4 u dalman.. u will understand.

Back