what food do others LOVE but you don't?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is Biscuits and Gravy. I don't get it. people love it and oooo and ahhhh..when it gets to the table. me..nope.

I actually don't even love the basic Biscuit all that much..hahha.

you?
Anchovies, especially the white ones. Tastes and smells like desatin or vomit, yuck!

trying to find worthy but honest responses...

Lasagna is meh
Otoro is trash

Shredded meat. Especially bbq pulled pork. Tastes like eating already chewed up meat. Its weirdly moist but the meat strands are dry at the same time.

The hot honey thing on pizza and Nashville chicken.

Mixing sweet and spicy.

American bbq. I dont dislike it or anything. Just seems like people like it way more than I do.

Going out for Korean BBQ, and various hotpot styles. Not saying I dislike the food itself. I just don't always want that dining experience. If I'm cooking the cook I want more space and more control over the equipment, lol.

..............[snip]

Going out for Korean BBQ, and various hotpot styles. Not saying I dislike the food itself. I just don't always want that dining experience. If I'm cooking the cook I want more space and more control over the equipment, lol.
Oh yeah.

Hot Pot/ShabuShabu. I grew up with it. I understand it. I just don't like it.

Lots of so-so foie gras out there, particularly outside of traditional areas. Some of the stuff I had in the US was terrible. But quality foie gras is really great, though a little goes a long way.

I enjoy foie Gras. I hate when places serve it overly sweet like its dessert or something, seems like too many places do.

Shredded meat. Especially bbq pulled pork. Tastes like eating already chewed up meat. Its weirdly moist but the meat strands are dry at the same time.

The hot honey thing on pizza and Nashville chicken.

Mixing sweet and spicy.

American bbq. I dont dislike it or anything. Just seems like people like it way more than I do.

I massively agree on hot honey on pizza. I don't mind sweet and spicy as a concept, but honey has a very distinctive flavour which is really out of place on pizza in my opinion.

I massively agree on hot honey on pizza. I don't mind sweet and spicy as a concept, but honey has a very distinctive flavour which is really out of place on pizza in my opinion.
I love honey but that just sounds bad.

Lock me in a room with strawberries, and you’ll find me starved to death and a bowl of rotten fruit.

A long list of other things I can’t gag down, but those berries are nails dragged across my gustatory blackboard.

Yea I can see why/how the sweet/spicy and honey/pizza thing works. But not my cup of tea. I think I just don't like a lot of sweetness, especially on savory foods. Or overly sweet desserts.

Frankly, most food from the Indian subcontinent.

It’s not a matter or exposure or never having good stuff, I grew up in a community that was roughly half desi. My family loves it. The only ones I ever really acquired a taste for were the most basic of things. Haleem, palak paneer, chicken vindaloo, butter chicken (hell both of those are more British than Indian), Chana masala, pakora, paratha.

I have a close vegetarian friend, so it’s not uncommon to do Indian places with him due to the variety. I always walk away going “this tastes good but it’s heavily over spiced and it’s a shame it’s covering up the ingredients instead of supporting them”

Bengali chai, remains the supreme form of tea though. Not too heavily spiced, sweet, creamy. Starting with a foundation of good, strong black tea, it beats out all comers.

Bengali chai, remains the supreme form of tea though. Not too heavily spiced, sweet, creamy. Starting with a foundation of good, strong black tea, it beats out all comers.
Add some ginger or cardamon extract and its world beating.

Raw tomatoes.
If all you eat are US bought tomatoes I can understand. Do yourself a favour and get over to Sardinia. Add some mozzarella and high quality olive oil and you have the meal you'll never forget
Sardinian tomatoes hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

If all you eat are US bought tomatoes I can understand. Do yourself a favour and get over to Sardinia. Add some mozzarella and high quality olive oil and you have the meal you'll never forget
Sardinian tomatoes hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

I've eaten all kinds of tomatoes all kinds of ways. Just don't care for them raw. My grandpa was an avid gardener and was on a mission to find a way to make me like them when I was kid. Fifty odd years later and I still don't.

Back