What was your Knife, AND Drink of Choice to Ring in the New Year?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
After wrapping up service at a local upscale casual restaurant last night the chef gifted me this bottle of bubbles as a thank you. I was invited to guest chef and co-create the menu for the NYE dinner. Such a flattering offer, and in doing so I made some new friends. Ones that I certainly see myself working with again in the future.
It was nice being back in the kitchen again. Baltimore city is currently in their second shutdown of restaurants unfortunately. However the silver lining has been amazing. Holidays off and more time with family, plus new acquaintances.

The 2 knives I used the past three days are a carbon Kamon and a stainless Newhams gyuto. I packed very light as I wasn’t sure what exactly I would be working with in regards to space and staff. I brought nothing else, no spoons, peeler etc. Turned out all I needed were sharp knives and a champagne flute!

B56A09AC-88D2-4EC0-8DD6-142558D2C749.jpeg

Regular Veuve Clicquot around midnight, and some rose champagne earlier. Knife of choice was a Wusthoff carving knife, as my wife wanted me to split a Cornish game hen on the serving platter :D

Don't drink. But here is the knife.

Attachments

• PXL_20201231_224736442.jpg
    PXL_20201231_224736442.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 54
I did a side by side of Kato, Heiji western, OG Maz, and Wat for a 220ish showdown, and washed it down with a bottle of Mezcal.
BE6CBF60-3AB7-44FB-8790-82AEF51D4B2F.jpeg

Best of luck to you in the new year Marc, I’ll be rooting for you:).

What's wrong or abnormal about it?

Why nothing at all if you ask me. But some might wonder what one is doing with a knife in the open behind the steering wheel. I for one am no stranger to this type of view.

@shinyunggyun I also take mine to work, as I'm sure many here do. And I'll happily admit that I sometimes take mine out while driving to and from work. Because I like them that much. Especially if it's a new one.

Needed to work on my 150mm Misono Swedish petty, so I took some time to sharpen/thin it. Am drinking a prosecco with it. Bottle is finished now, time for a negroni. :)

Back