Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mushroom Bacon Carbonara

Everyones been killin it this holiday
DSC_5099.jpeg

217F50FE-BF9F-4C3F-B671-7F3B2EB69877.jpeg

Lunch today was sweet potato hash with poached egg. Hash also had onions, garlic, tomato and crispy chickpeas, with cumin, coriander, cayenne, smoked paprika, bay butter, and lemon. Sweet potatoes were parboiled with baking soda, then baked at 450 F until soft/crisp.

Didn’t have time to wipe the plate rim since I didn’t want my wife to see me taking photos of my lunch for KKF.

Here’s the knife used (Mizuno KS).

3F96309A-9B3B-41E3-B8D2-303A9D2D6912.jpeg

I like to keep a supply of coconut curry sauce in the freezer for an easy meal.
Cooked some chicken and rice to go with it..
View attachment 68109

This is a great idea. I need to keep some quarter cup shots in the freezer for future use. Had about a quarter cup of yellow curry left over from the weekend. Poured it over scrambled eggs and has browns . It was amazing.

Not in the right order, but started with biscuits and gravy (second photo). Didn't feel like cooking, so got some tacos for dinner. First picture is al pastor and the last one is carne asada. It's a blessing to be able to choose between 10 different great Mexican places locally.

Al Pastor.jpg

Bisquits and Gravy.jpg

Carne Asada.jpg

Gosh darn it! Can we agree right here and now to all move to the sane neighborhood when we retire? We would have some bad mamba-jamba POTLUCK dinners!
I agree with this, a KKF retirement community would be awesome. Passarounds and potlucks will legendary. And think about our collective stone collection .... This retirement community shall be aptly named "Wonderland"

Back