Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Florentine omelette with spinach and cheese plus a side of steamed broccoli serving as a healthy alibi.
IMG_9628.JPG

My dog Rebel passed away on Friday. His final days were filled with beef tartare, seared NY strip steak, and smoked pork shoulder (his favorite).

We split this strip steak together. The human version was served over donabe rice and garnished with sesame and scallion. Rebel's version was only steak -- no filler.

61E684FD-9294-48A5-8AE7-B40D8C7D7538.jpeg

293A83B9-BF3D-4554-B74B-99D4B2A7E0A3.jpeg

981C9C32-4170-4847-92FE-3F38BF8B29AB.jpeg

1A9E7592-AC1B-423C-88C3-F027528C4658.jpeg

My dog Rebel passed away on Friday. His final days were filled with beef tartare, seared NY strip steak, and smoked pork shoulder (his favorite).

We split this strip steak together. The human version was served over donabe rice and garnished with sesame and scallion. Rebel's version was only steak -- no filler.

View attachment 203708

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203705

View attachment 203706
Sorry to hear that, he must had a good life, he looks like our family dog. (The one in my profile pic)

Sorry, I originally posted the photos without text because I was posting from my phone and then added the explanation a few minutes later when I edited the post from my laptop. Papa Yo Yo's post above happened before I saved the edit, so my post was just images with no context. Rest assured, no dog chopping occurred. But that is the last photo of him. He was indeed a cute little guy.
I am truly sorry to hear that. I am deleting my post. It was meant to be a joke but how could I know how bad my timing was. I am very sorry!

Sorry to hear that, he must had a good life, he looks like our family dog. (The one in my profile pic)

Thank you. He had a good life and was loved. He also loved to kill rabbits and squirrels, so he was feared by many in the rodent community. Anyway, he does bear a resemblance to your furry one -- cute dog!

I am truly sorry to hear that. I am deleting my post. It was meant to be a joke but how could I know how bad my timing was. I am very sorry!

No worries mate. I knew what happened and I very well may have made a similar joke myself. Thanks for the condolances.

Thank you. He had a good life and was loved. He also loved to kill rabbits and squirrels, so he was feared by many in the rodent community. Anyway, he does bear a resemblance to your furry one -- cute dog!

No worries mate. I knew what happened and I very well may have made a similar joke myself. Thanks for the condolances.
He love to chase birds and rodents too, bit of terrier blood in him, tho he is a bit clumsy and hasn't made any progress yet.

View attachment 203708

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203705

View attachment 203706

That truly sucks. Good for you to make it as good as possible for him. All my best.

We closed down the cottage on the weekend so we had a lot of store bought food. We had a few store made burger left over that weren't worthy of being called burger.

Broke them apart and made a chili with it. Of course there wasn't enough beef so propped it up with a ton of bacon.

20221017_180232.jpg

View attachment 203708

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203705

View attachment 203706

So sorry for your loss. I have a scruffy terrier fella as well who I constantly spoil with human food. I am confident you gave him a wonderful life. Until you meet again.

View attachment 203708

View attachment 203707

View attachment 203705

View attachment 203706
Good looking dog. My deepest condolences to you. Glad you got to share a great life together.

Looks like perfect crisp tender on the broccoli and the sauce consistency looks great. What kind of curry was it?
Kind of hybrid like Indian style curry with plenty fresh ginger, garlic, tumeric, cinnamon. Use fresh local Ka'iulani Exotic curry seasoning. Mixed with Thai style fresh coconut milk can get in Hawaii it's much better than canned. Keffer lime juice & leaves. My friend has a tree. Stewed tomatoes. Hawaiian curry potatoes & carrots large cut with long beans I use broccoli.

Kind of hybrid like Indian style curry with plenty fresh ginger, garlic, tumeric, cinnamon. Use fresh local Ka'iulani Exotic curry seasoning. Mixed with Thai style fresh coconut milk can get in Hawaii it's much better than canned. Keffer lime juice & leaves. My friend has a tree. Stewed tomatoes. Hawaiian curry potatoes & carrots large cut with long beans I use broccoli.

Sounds truly delicious

Jamaican beef stew with coconut milk. I had fun with this. I used home grown habanero peppers.

If nothing else my wife helped, and she used my 10-inch chef knife for the first time. I left it laying on the cutting board. She chopped the 6 cloves of garlic and the 1 inch of ginger. Yea, she may come around as I am happy now. It did taste good also.
IMG_1014.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back