Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whole ducks were on sale, so I got 5 and today carved them up. carcass with wings in oven at 250 for 3-4hrs to render the fat. then will use that fat to cook legs for same duration at same temp...

breasts in freezer for now!

2023-12-09 11.44.00.jpg

Kitchen-sink salad resulting from a fridge raid. Century egg, sprouts, baby asparagus, Gigantes beans, bell pepper, cucumber, snow peas, shallots, cilantro, parsley. Dressing made with light soy sauce, black vinegar, black bean garlic sauce, and Lao Gan Ma spicy chilli crisp.

1702246297754.jpeg

After all the hype, I had to try it, too:

1702246384268.jpeg

Marry Me Chicken, corn bread, and salad.

I'm not sure I'd marry anyone because of the chicken :) It's nice, basically a better and somewhat more refined version of chicken parmigiana. I'll probably make it again at some point, but I can't say that it stands out as the "bestest chicken recipe ever", not by a long shot.

Some leftover crushed tomatoes from making pizza, that gnarly bit of pancetta hiding in the back of the fridge, a small red onion, half a clove of garlic, a pinch of chilli flakes and a splash of leftover white wine made a really yummy plate of spaghetti all'amatriciana.
IMG_5667.JPG

Yea sure, it's super simple to make. This makes easily 3-4 portions.

Pork and Marinade
-1 lb pork shoulder (diced, sliced, or however you prefer)
-1 tbsp tapioca starch
-1 tbsp light soy sauce
-1 tbsp rice wine

Egg
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch + 1tsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt + white pepper to taste

Tomato/Onion
- 1 lb tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 4-5 pc of garlic
- few large slices worth of ginger

Sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup water
- white pepper to taste

1. Fry up the pork and set aside.
  2. Mix eggs and ingredients until homogeneous, scramble and set aside.
  3. Heat oil and add ginger/garlic for few seconds until fragrant, then stir fry onions until 80% done.
  4. Add tomatoes with a pinch of salt, and cook them just slightly to heat them up. Not long, I am trying to maintain their structure, not breaking them down into tomato sauce.
  5. Add green onions, and pork and mix.
  6. Add the sauce and kill the heat. Mix and let the residual heat thicken up the sauce until it's at the consistency you want. I typically look for like a yogurt consistency so I can scoop it onto my rice and let it soak in.
  7. Add eggs and chop em up into chunks with your spatula as you mix it with the rest of the dish.

I don't really ever take pictures of my food, but wanted to let you know you didn't write this down for nothing :)

I made this today, but I didn't have any pork at hand so used chicken thighs instead.
I also made a bit more sauce as I love sauce with my rice, I think the extra amount of ketchup in there caused it to darken a bit more.

Thanks again, it came out great, will be making again!

20231214_191353.jpg
20231214_191620.jpg

I don't really ever take pictures of my food, but wanted to let you know you didn't write this down for nothing :)

I made this today, but I didn't have any pork at hand so used chicken thighs instead.
I also made a bit more sauce as I love sauce with my rice, I think the extra amount of ketchup in there caused it to darken a bit more.

Thanks again, it came out great, will be making again!

View attachment 287936View attachment 287937
Looks awesome!

Back