Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scalloped potatoes with grilled kangaroo.

Attachments

• E21B1BCE-DBDC-4877-8C37-37467766E229.jpeg
    E21B1BCE-DBDC-4877-8C37-37467766E229.jpeg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 80
Sorry, should have mentioned that it's a pork curry.

Sorry, should have mentioned that it's a pork curry.
Looks good! Can you tell us what kind of curry (ingredients, spices, etc.)? Otherwise, it could be one of approximately 1000 dishes…

As you can tell, I'm always fishing for recipes :)

Sure, though it's nothing fancy - just my Tuesday night dinner.

Start of by sweating some onion, then add ginger and garlic.
Sweat a little more and add some yellow curry powder along with cinnamon, cumin, coriander and turmeric.
Add some diced tomatoes as well as coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes then puree with a stick blender.
Add the meat(I used pork shoulder) and simmer for half an hour.

I thinks that recipe is fairly close and you're right that it's not all that hot.

Here is a bread I just pulled out of the oven.
IMG_0060.jpg

Al Pastor "deux" ... proper piggy this time ... all the pic's/info before this just got me drooling ... love this thread ...

Classic marinade (3 days actually as I had to travel ... 1/2" thick cut pork shoulder bone in ... yes I know this was going to hinder outside slicing ... but f'it);

bXspROP.jpg

Assembly

ORGjC2n.jpg

Pineapple & bacon (just because ..)

0VnTZG5.jpg

On the egg - smoked for 3 hours at 225 then 350 for 1 hour

17dDtSJ.jpg

Help from a lovely Marko, a bit of mango/guacamole and voila;

fE3urIT.jpg

opKZTfK.jpg

That looks awesome! Something else I will have to try now. I'm falling behind… :( ;)

Dude - I am ONLY trying to keep up with your posts! Seriously though Taco's "Al Pastor" are something of a Baja Mexico fav ... typically spit cooked like gyro's (the influence is obvious) but with a Mexican take on it ...

I love this stuff so am always trying to figure out a way to get it at home with out the obvious rotisserie challenges ...

My lovely bride just shakes her head and asks when are the other 30 people showing up ... let em come ... anytime and I will feed em is all I say ... and then vac/seal/save/sousvide/re-heat ...

Love what you put out there Sir!

TjA

Seriously though Taco's "Al Pastor" are something of a Baja Mexico fav ... typically spit cooked like gyro's (the influence is obvious) but with a Mexican take on it ...

I love this stuff so am always trying to figure out a way to get it at home with out the obvious rotisserie challenges ...
It looks bloody awesome, and I have no doubt that it tastes just as good! I've saved the recipe; it'll make it to the top of the list in the next two or three weeks, for sure.

My lovely bride just shakes her head and asks when are the other 30 people showing up ... let em come ... anytime and I will feed em is all I say ... and then vac/seal/save/sousvide/re-heat ...
Not a problem. Chest freezers are cheap :)

Love what you put out there Sir!

Thank you! Ditto! :)

Bloody hell, what is this thread? Some sort of arms race?

Hoi sin glazed cured pork belly strips with bao buns, pickled daikon/carrot/cucumber and rice flavoured with cardamom, lemon grass and pandan leaves.

Pork belly Sumo Hot Pot (Chankonabe)

I think we all need to think about some kind of recipe non-proliferation treaty! ;)

Awesome dishes! I'm still drooling, and I just finished dinner…

Bloody hell, what is this thread? Some sort of arms race?

I think we all need to think about some kind of recipe non-proliferation treaty! ;)

Awesome dishes! I'm still drooling, and I just finished dinner…
I happen to be a firm believer in M.A.D. Mutually Assured Deliciousness

Let the recipes fly I say [emoji56]

I made the green peppercorn sauce from the recipe DamageInc posted awhile ago… forgot to add the Dijon, subbed red wine as it was all I had, probably reduced it a bit more than needed but it was really good, taste reminds me of a prepared product my parents used to buy that I really liked years ago (I mean that in a good way)

I put it on a bone in rib steak (cowboy?) that I cut from a larger standing rib roast and cooked SousVide then seared in CI. There was nothing useful to deglaze in the pan (very hot) but I used the juices from the SV bag in the recipe

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

I put it on a bone in rib steak (cowboy?) that I cut from a larger standing rib roast and cooked SousVide then seared in CI.
That looks perfect!

Sous vide really shines for steaks. Risk-free, not time critical, and perfect degree of doneness each and every time. Not have to worry about timing is really useful when preparing a meal for a whole bunch of people with other side dishes. If there is a delay somewhere along the line, not a problem, just leave the steak in the bath for another 30 minutes an no-one will be the wiser.

I made the green peppercorn sauce from the recipe DamageInc posted awhile ago… forgot to add the Dijon, subbed red wine as it was all I had, probably reduced it a bit more than needed but it was really good, taste reminds me of a prepared product my parents used to buy that I really liked years ago (I mean that in a good way)

Glad to be of some use for once. Looks great.

Homemade Bayerischer Leberkäse (Bavarian meatloaf):
IMG_2863.JPG

Fresh out of the oven:
IMG_2864.JPG

Served with Bavarian potato salad and culturally completely inappropriate toasted sourdough baguette with parmesan, because that's what I had around…
IMG_2867.JPG

Not fancy, but after a long nite of tequila, it’s def the perfect breakfast on a much too bright morning.

Avocado toast multiple ways:
-Poached egg with everything bagel seasoning
-mini heirloom tomatoes with a basil vinaigrette
-sauteed mushrooms with thyme
-black beans with a costa rican salsa

Homemade pistachio-hemp granola bars

Fresh squeezed orange juice...with a splash of St. Germain and Cava of course!

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

Not fancy, but after a long nite of tequila, it’s def the perfect breakfast on a much too bright morning.

Avocado toast multiple ways:
-Poached egg with everything bagel seasoning
-mini heirloom tomatoes with a basil vinaigrette
-sauteed mushrooms with thyme
-black beans with a costa rican salsa

Homemade pistachio-hemp granola bars

Fresh squeezed orange juice...with a splash of St. Germain and Cava of course!

View attachment 54495
View attachment 54496
View attachment 54497

Hair of the dog to wake things up! Beautiful ... food is pretty as well! LOL

TjA

Back