Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, no problem. It's a recipe by Claus Meyer, so credit to him.

The night before baking them make a biga by dissolving 25g fresh yeast in 250ml cold water, then add 500g wheat flour and knead to a stiff dough.
Put it in a plastic container and store in the fridge overnight.

The next day, into the bowl of a stand mixer add the biga, 800ml cold water, 300ml sourdough(or just use extra water), 300g spelt(or durum) flour, 1,1kg wheat flour and 35g sea salt.
Kneed the dough for about 10 minutes on high speed or until the dough clears the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl and let rest on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes.
Form 30 buns and place them on three baking sheets lined with baking paper and cover with kitchen towels an let them rise for 1-2 hours until they have dobbelt in size.

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius and put a tray in the bottom of the oven. When you are ready to bake pour a little water into the tray to create steam and put the buns in.
It works best for me to bake one sheet at a time. It should take about 20 minutes.
You should put this in the cookbook forum so it's easy to find later. Those do look awesome!

Soup.
IMG_0495.jpg

Haha, kale... I mean it gets a bad backlash rap. It sautes (sp??) really well, and also works great in an omelette since it stands up to heat like spinach (as does chard). The big beauties on top are swiss chard, with the standard kale peeking out from underneath. It was all delivered by a service that takes orders and delivers for local farms. Great way to get amazing produce without digging through what everyone else has breathed on in the grocery store these days.

Knife is one of mine, forged from a piece of truck suspension coil spring. Think I left a couple larger pix of it over in the Handiwork sub-forum.

@Michi can you work your magic again and edit those greens away?
I was considering it. But, unfortunately, that would leave us with a perfect rectangle of beige.

So, I’m really sorry to have to tell you that, sooner or later, you will have to take responsibility for your own actions… ;)

I was considering it. But, unfortunately, that would leave us with a perfect rectangle of beige.

So, I’m really sorry to have to tell you that, sooner or later, you will have to take responsibility for your own actions… ;)
But I do take responsibility! I’m just delegating a little. It’s not like I touched those veggies.

Haha, you guys remind me of one of my favorite internet destinations of all time: The Gallery of Regrettable Food
This section in particular:
https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/meat/index.html

@AT5760 You know Whalers?? Where are you?
I'm in-state, so a run to my local essential liquor supplier is always well-stocked.

Back