Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Potatoes came out way better this time on your white pizza. Compare:

They did. I S&P and drizzle of olive oil and threw them in the oven while it was pre heating. Pulled them when they were cooked but not starting to dry out. Between that and the ricotta/yogurt base it was much improved. Appreciate it.

Woke up hungry and made leftover si yau wong chow mein (soy sauce noodles) and scrambled eggs with char siu:
IMG_6284.jpeg

I feel better now...

OK, ready to go - breakfast, along with diced beef, diced lamb and chicken thighs, after being pulled out of the freezer last night. Multiple curries (well, that's what we call them here in Australia) being made today, then they'll go back into the freezer as single-serve meals. (Yes, they'll be beautiful rectangles/cubes just as the raw ingredients are here.) #Efficiency

XH1A4563.jpg

Chicken yellow curry (thickened this up quite a lot with Xantham Gum after taking the photo, and forgot to take another).

XH1A4568.jpg

Beef Massaman (pumpkin, not potato) in the Solidteknics wok
XH1A4576.jpg

Massaman ready for freezing (freezer bags inside the containers to get regular shape, removed from containers once frozen to save space). Shun Gyuto over on the left (sorry, no fancy knives to casually leave in shot yet :)
XH1A4578.jpg

Last edited:
I swear I cook other things than Filipino food but my mother-in-law is visiting so I made her my all time fav dish.

Kare Kare

You usually make this dish when celebrating something. Has ox tails, tripe and veggies and is braised in peanut butter and fish sauce.

ACE370DD-D65C-4944-92D2-3D3AF7E2D1EA.jpeg

So, here's the result of freezing the curries in the sistema containers - a bunch of regularly-shaped frozen blocks that fit really efficiently into your freezer! WOOHOO! (pre-freezing shot below (again)) Yes, I wrote on them post-freezing, then let them sit while the texta dried, then put them back into the freezer.

We made a lamb curry today, so that is now 14 single-serve meals in the freezer ready to go. AWESOME PREPPING.

XH1A4585.jpg

XH1A4578.jpg

Making 10kg of USA-style Dill Pickles as they are not sold in Finland and my wife and I like them a lot. Some of the jars even have a fresh, self-grown chili pepper included for attitude adjustment.

These lids have a hard sponge-ring seal and work so that you fill up the jar with liquid to about 1cm from the top, screw on the lid with moderate strength (too tight and you corrupt the seal, too loose and it lets water in), submerge the entire jar under lukewarm water, bring to a boil until the cukes change color from bright to dull green, remove to a cooling rack and the vacuum lids will pop down as the jars cool. They will keep their vacuum seal for a year or more when stored in a cool, dark cabinet.

IMG_2916.jpeg

This batch of 10 large jars and 4 medium jars is half of what will be made. We'll finish the second half tomorrow, mostly spears and some slices. I don't have any more large jars so we will probably wind up with about 18 more of the medium jars. That'll be enough to last us a little more than 1 year.

IMG_2917.jpeg

The trick to making crunchy pickles that actually stay crunchy for a whole year is to soak them overnight in the fridge in a bath of cold water. It turns semi-soft cucumbers into really firm, almost hard cucumbers. I made 4 of these huge arcoroc bowls full of cukes, two yesterday and two more going now which we will pickle tomorrow.

IMG_2907.jpeg

Crockpot sriracha chicken. Falling off the bone after 6 hours of cooking. Photo was before I started cooking.

Ingredients, unscientifically measured
--------------------------------------------------
6 leg-thigh joints
Sriracha powder (bbq rub)
Sriracha sauce
Lime Juice
Honey
Soy Sauce
Lemon Drop Chili Pepper (8/10 heat)
Dried Garlic Flakes
Salt and Pepper

62055977567__8832C869-81D1-4CD0-B8E3-F5AC35E87B94.jpeg