Media Youtube AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't make this political or rail about Mike Rowe or any of that. I saw this and thought it was awesome to see a common citizen really getting involved and thinking outside the box.

Interesting way for onions

That is interesting.

I think something with high heel height would really excell at this technique.

But i think this lends itself to even more precision than the normal method.

OK, here is one that fascinated me: The knifesmith Tomas Moberg showing how he procudes a damascus billet from 33 layers of steel using only a litte heat and some slight pressure:

Nice.

I would call that a lot of heat, and a lot of pressure though. Lol

Edit: sounds like he should adjust his flame. It's puttering pretty bad.

This randomly popped up in my feed and I think it absolutely qualifies as YouTube awesome!

Some say you can't cook on a coil stove. Well, this old boy has just a thing or two more to contend with and does it just fine and with a sense of humor.

Excellent for perspective.

Best Knife Sharpener 2023? Let’s Find Out!
I like this guy. He does some very good tool-related vids and is one of the very few youtubers I do not have to speed up to watch.
The results seem to show guided systems are much better than pull through sharpeners.(no surprise) They also seem to show that ceramic pull-throughs offer no benefits, which surprised me somewhat.
This vid also seems to show that the basic guided systems are no worse that the much more expensive ones.
One other thought is that I would like to find a guided system that can go well below 15 degrees for thinning behind the edge.

It’s a Misono gyuto, they are on the narrow side
Yeah, makes sense. I know they are more narrow, but at first look. It just looked extra short, tricked my eye. Also my comment is probably too harsh. It does pull off a nice mince. It just seems backwards and awkward. But it does get the job done, I guess.

Funny if you search Honesuki 骨スキ包丁 in Japanese a lot of videos is actually using them on fish, like this lovely video from Ryusen official account

A really cool video of Sakai Uchihamono.

At 3:48 there’s a pretty sweet shot of the compound bevel rough ground into a Yanagiba.

Bevel work at 13:49

Koba at 16:16

Kagekio at 20:05

Ok, not quite awesome, but ATK is doing much better with their knife reviews so can't put it in Knuckleheads. Maybe we should have a "YouTube Above Average" thread.

TLDW, they picked a Masamoto as their #1 and a Masutani as their best buy

They also threw some decent shade at Dalstrong, and that gets points from me.

I haven't looked at all of the posts in this thread, apologies if this is a repost. This is from a lucky guy that visited Takada no Hamono. Takada-sans English is a bit broken, but watching him straighten and sharpen is awseome.
Takada no Hamono

Back