Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I like to use water (on his waterstone) because its foodsafe" 👍

yes. similarly, i like using ketchup for this reason.

I also like how he "effortlessly pulls" during his tomato demo but when they cut to the close shot of it actually cutting you can see his index finger actively pushing on the spine.

haha. yes, effortlessly. you can see in the first shot he starts to draw it across the tomato, but it's just sliding around on there. then it goes to the closeup shot, and he's got his finger on top applying pressure to get it to cut.

link to the tomato scene

I suspect that when the camera isn't on, ole "Cowboy Kent" pulls his knives through an electric Chef's Choice. ;)
I have never met a cowboy or as they are known out here "buckaroo" that didn't show at least some basic skill with a knife and stone. You know bulls to steers, ear notches and those type of things require at least a passable sharp edge. Not sure what that says about Cowboy Kent...

Adam has an even older video where he covers the same territory. This is basically him doubling down on bad technique and hawking "his" knife.

Here we go:

I couldn’t finish it. His distrust of the professional chef community sounded like the equivalent of people who rant about the deep state, as if people are out to get you with the “claw” technique. I don’t know what his other videos are but my eyes definitely bulged when I saw he has 1.84M subscribers.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, that dude is a knucklehead all 'round. I know it's my personal tastes but I've never understood his popularity. 🤷‍♂️

I've never particularly enjoyed him either. He comes across to me as more condescending and less knowledgeable than a lot of his YouTube 'peers'.

This was a bit of a ”duh” video, but maybe it needed saying for some.

I agree with this. Such an aggressive take on a non-issue.

What I meant was, is that supposed to give some sort of credibility? There's a number of culinary awards such as Michelin stars, but does it mean something to be considered a "tiktok star"? Because that guy really bothered me. The 2 women at least seemed to have understanding of what they were talking about. Hard to blame them for recommending an electric sharpener to the average joe. But the dude seemed like a total tool.
He finished top 3 in one of the masterchef series. Nick DiGiovanni

your average Joe would expect something from a masterchef semi finalist...

Good sharpening video. Also apparently Hoyo grinding wheel is pretty popular as I know 2 retailer in NA brought it for their shop

At 1:10 the sound when he moves the tomatoe slices to the side with his knive...

I am wondering if this behavior was the reason Gordon Ramsey decided to cry back in the days.

He's going for that classic tomato / white scrapings of cutting board blend.
The bigger question is: where's the knorr stockpot?

At 1:10 the sound when he moves the tomatoe slices to the side with his knive...

I am wondering if this behavior was the reason Gordon Ramsey decided to cry back in the days.

I like this relaxed MPW who’s not making strange crap then throwing in a half dozen Knorr stock pots.

“I’m not a professional chef anymore, I’m a home cook”
but then later
“Punctuality, focus, and discipline are critical” ;)

Back