Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't there any editor with more than 2 brain cells who could have pointed out to him the obvious fact that no, it's not a dagger, because daggers tend to almost universally have a symmetrical double edged profile. :rolleyes:

Wasn't there any editor with more than 2 brain cells who could have pointed out to him the obvious fact that no, it's not a dagger, because daggers tend to almost universally have a symmetrical double edged profile. :rolleyes:
Editors know not to question the genius of Christopher Kimball. Heads have rolled for committing such malfeasance.

Not YouTube but instagram keep pushing me this article
https://blog.poachedjobs.com/2019/0...6UV-K4aKwzHboMa1znPg5VwbpZrDpD-B0iELAoDBmCHnM
79FCAE2B-784E-45BC-A97F-2A60CB18AD40.jpeg

Oh mään. The mighty green screen chefs are here.
"Everyone deserves to try this creation at least once in their lifetime" haha oh no... Let's get this over with.
Oh and it blends perfectly with nature outdoors - that can never hurt. 🙈

As **** as that thing is.... has anyone ever tried adding something like that to a proper knife to see what it does with the ergonomics?

Or even better, a Serbian cleaver with a finger hole "for better control".

Boom. Million dollar idea. You're welcome, knife world!
Hmm... I have a Denka gyuto ordered that should be made around April. I think I'll ask TF to put that hole in it instead of their typical finger notch.

If you think about it, it's just a logical evolution!

That woman's cutting skills are on POINT! I always tuck my fingers in a claw grip. Turns out I should have them pointed straight!

I thought my knives were sharp, but the way she hacked through that meat, man, impressive!

Hmm... I have a Denka gyuto ordered that should be made around April. I think I'll ask TF to put that hole in it instead of their typical finger notch.

If you think about it, it's just a logical evolution!
In fact, just skip that denka and get yourself a proper "aero knife". Nothing can stop the Evolution

Beware - the "world champion in knife sharpening" is stunning everyone with his mastery in this clip.

It's all in German, but later in the video, he says that he spend 2.5 years in Japan to become a "takeshi, a master sharpener". for knife sharpening and that he is the one who sharpens the scissors for the hairdresser of Japan's emperor. He also claims that due to German regulations, knives that are sold need to be sharpened at a super low angle.

The moderator keeps admiring the brilliant work of "the master", but the comment section is not very generous in their judgement. Admittetly, he achieves perfect push-cutting sharpnes at 5:40, but doesn't mention that this will last for probably 3 seconds on the super-cheap stainless.

He also mentions that knives shouldn't be heated up in sharpening - I'll let the experts decide whether he achieves that. Most commentators don't agree lol. At least he bashes glass and stone cutting boards and recommends a wooden board that receives some care.

Knucklehead or not - I'll let you decide.

OK I got recommended one more video with lessons from the Master. There's some even better info:

- In Asia, 95% of people are left-handed. This fact is virtually unknown. (Entirely unknown, I would add)

- That is why in Asia, almost all bread knives have the grind on the left side. (That's probably true of all 5 bread knives that exist in Asia)

- Heating up the blade when sharpening isn't only acceptable, it is required. The reason is that when the steel gets at 700°C, it can be re-hardened. This is done by submerging the knife in a small water container for a second every now and then while sharpening.

lol.jpg

OK I got recommended one more video with lessons from the Master. There's some even better info:

- In Asia, 95% of people are left-handed. This fact is virtually unknown. (Entirely unknown, I would add)

- That is why in Asia, almost all bread knives have the grind on the left side. (That's probably true of all 5 bread knives that exist in Asia)

- Heating up the blade when sharpening isn't only acceptable, it is required. The reason is that when the steel gets at 700°C, it can be re-hardened. This is done by submerging the knife in a small water container for a second every now and then while sharpening.

View attachment 226491
That's why it is so hard to buy left hand knives, they are all sold out in Asia!

Back