• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm HSC/// Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just slowly picking off some of gayutos because I just have too much rn and I should really start to sell the knives I just don’t really use. And it’s not like I don’t use this guryuto because it sucks, I just have so many that I moreso just forget to use this/slap it into my roll.

Anywho, yah, we all know how good Harbeer’s work is. The Ray Rybar “raindrop” wrought cladding is simply DELECTABLE against the 52100 core. So serene, much sexy, a lot of stupendous. Divine dimensions, phenomenal profile, gorgeous geometry, you really can’t ask for much more (ok, maybe a thicker spine at the handle, but I won’t tell anybody).

I am taking a heavy loss on this. 🥲This baby’s gone thru a spa package from Andrew “Forty” Tarling, himself, and it has a friction fit saya from Greydon. Complete package, so you can do the math… I’m pretty sure I paid $750 for this when I first got it.

I did have to remove the etch on the left side because I let it sit for a minute too long and there was one rust spot that had formed, but, dassssit. No damage from that rust, of course. I’ll stop talking now, let’s get down and dirty with the deets, I know that’s what all y’all want, you whores.

Specs:

239x56mm
230g
3.2mm at the handle
Wrought Iron Cladding
52100 Core (62-63HRC)
Ironwood Octagonal-ish Handle with Rounded Bottom and Slanted Butt, Ebony Cap
Ironwood Friction Fit Saya

Price: $750 $700 $600 shipped

IMG_1245.jpeg
IMG_1246.jpeg
IMG_1248.jpeg