All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! What did you get?

Tetsujin nakiri.

The only worry is going to be how it's sharpened. It's Myojin sharpened and he's been pretty good for a lefty, except for the Kono FM nakiri I had (which was right biased). If FedEx is to be believed, tracking right now says it will be delivered tomorrow.

How do you sharpen your chinise clevers?My new (actual) chinise clever carbon do not cut well OOTB and after my first sharpening.

Hey nerds <3

I know i promissed a open spot for a KKF Massdrop of Rectangles..
But we are flooded with work in the last months and since i will be at Bladeshow Texas in February and 1 week before that be a guest at Coutilier NOLA, i wont be able to do that

BUT!
I will be doing a small batch of Rectangles in different Shapes available, Mono and San Mai, with a discount for ARM Members!
More info of that on my IG starting February

Hey nerds <3

But we are flooded with work in the last months and since i will be at Bladeshow Texas in February and 1 week before that be a guest at Coutilier NOLA, i wont be able to do that

BUT!
I will be doing a small batch of Rectangles in different Shapes available, Mono and San Mai, with a discount for ARM Members!

Great seeing you having so much success Martin! šŸ‘

Hey nerds <3

BUT!
Busy stealing machines from Tobias?

How do you sharpen your chinise clevers?My new (actual) chinise clever carbon do not cut well OOTB and after my first sharpening.
My Chopper King came with a poo factory edge. I lowered the sharpening angle pretty acute and got lovely results. Didn't explicitly thin behind the edge, just dropped the edge angle. If the steel is worth a damn it should be able to support the new edge fine

Hey nerds <3

BUT!
At the risk of derailing thread....go to Jacques-Imo's for supper when you're in New Orleans if able. Hard to go wrong in that city, but that's a favorite spot.

Geesh. He's an artist not an engineer.

šŸ˜

giphy.gif

Wow, the patina on the old, good 52100 looks fantastic!
It does look fantastic, like clouds with rainbow colours. Hard to photograph! I try to take better ones soon. (also still owe you a glowing review for this knife!)
But even more important, it patinas so gently and slowly. Nothing like any iron clad I ever experienced which is so easy to care for!
Makes it hard for me to choose another steel over 52100; although I really like to try another of your AEB-L or blue super...weĀ“ll see.

Thatā€™s a great looking handle on the Morihei.
It was in the drawer for long. It is quite big in diameter and round.
I wanted to put it on an old Murray Carter knife where the handle cracked after many years but it was no good fit.
With the nakiri it kinda worked and I put it on.
It was cheap too:
Dictum birch handle

Attachments

• 2024_0122_14515900.jpg
    2024_0122_14515900.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024_0122_14520200.jpg
    2024_0122_14520200.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 0
Might be the edge thickness, can you post some photos?

P1030064crop.JPG

I just stropped on a piece of wood with red compound and now it is sharp enough. Much more sharp than before stropping. The picture is before stropping. Once more I am amazed how removing a very very little steel modify the behaviour of a knife.

Back