Anthony Bourdain's custom Bob Kramer knife at auction.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now its getting interesting. $103K incl premium. Reconsidering your top bid WildBoar? Last chance.......

So thats WildBoar out then.:)
Hmmm, I wonder if at that price I could buy it and flip it... :D

Hammered @$231,250
Yeah, this is probably a bit high to consider for flipping purposes... :p

Probably a $40k knife at auction if it was a brand new knife, never owned by anyone else. The AB ownership added $190k!

Since we are in amazement, an interesting stat. So the Kramer sold for $920 USD per mm, which is 80 times higher than the most expensive Shigefusa ever sold. (when measured in price per mm and before you ask, this was for a kasumi yo gyuto sold earlier this year)

Since we are in amazement, an interesting stat. So the Kramer sold for $920 USD per mm, which is 80 times higher than the most expensive Shigefusa ever sold. (when measured in price per mm and before you ask, this was for a kasumi yo gyuto sold earlier this year)
But what if AB had owned the Shig? The power of celebrity for some buyers

Time to switch over from Shigs? :D

So y'all, good news! I'm the buyer, and I was thinking we could do a passaround. Who's in? Maybe a minimum of 20 posts to participate, US only. Please keep it for a week, and ship priority to the next destination insured for $230,000.
Thats right neighborly of you. I'm in if I can put my own edge on it with the grind wheel. Pumpkin and squash season is here. Seems the perfect tool but I'll only know for sure when I test it.

Last edited:
Back