Quantcast

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is from the Sesame Street book of opposites, featuring Zero Mostel. Probably published forty years ago, I used to read it to my niece. Each page features two images showing opposing concepts.

having me and a bunch of sharp objects in the same room is a sure ticket to “none”

View attachment 96835
holy Moses I remember that book from when I was a kid!

DrEriksson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A face only a mother could love, Just kidding. What a cute kitty
I think he's quite ugly. I've had some allergy problems with cats, but persians always worked fine. This time we tried the short-haired version and it also works for me. However, after having had flat-faced cats since 2005, I now do a double take every time I see a cat with a normal face.

But yeah, you're correct. He's ugly. Don't tell my wife though. She gets mad when I say that.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
I think he's quite ugly. I've had some allergy problems with cats, but persians always worked fine. This time we tried the short-haired version and it also works for me. However, after having had flat-faced cats since 2005, I now do a double take every time I see a cat with a normal face.

But yeah, you're correct. He's ugly. Don't tell my wife though. She gets mad when I say that.
Interesting. I'm a cat guy too and was fine with them in the house until I left for University. Came back for Christmas and acquired an unpleasant cat dander allergy. I'll have to look into these breeds.

Slim278

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judging by avatars alone, I thought you were the antithesis of @dafox

My avatar is a small bird that travels everywhere with me.

I , or rather my 6 year old, have one of those birds also. Very personable little birds, much more so than the parakeets I had as a child.
20200905_200031.jpg

DrEriksson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm a cat guy too and was fine with them in the house until I left for University. Came back for Christmas and acquired an unpleasant cat dander allergy. I'll have to look into these breeds.
My doctor says that there isn’t a difference between breeds when it comes to allergies, and since I have issues with other cats and tests positive for allergy, I should be allergic to this breed as well. Doesn’t make any sense, but no red eyes or coughing so maybe it’s a nocebo effect?

M1k3

HonOvergrind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I’d just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I’d just run across the great state of Alabama. And that’s what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I’d gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.

And that's the story behind TF meditating while making knives.

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to @Marek07 he looks like the Japanese Tom Jones, and I kinda agree.
Objection! That's libelous. I never said that! It was you - in a message back in July '19. You also referred to him as "one sexy bastard" in the same thread. I have the proof and it's been forwarded to my legal team as I contemplate my options. 😁

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! Yeah, Jeff Crawford shook the surfing world when he won the Pipeline Masters in the 70s, no one thought a Floridian could ever win it, since East Coast surf wasn't highly regarded in those days.
Now some dude from Florida has won more world championships than anyone & could surf Pipe with the best.

ModRQC

Kurouchi Down!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rereading the above, my apologies if the head shaped knife block thing came off as confrontational. To clarify, I was trying to make a joke about the "knife in your image" thing by posting a picture of a knife that looked like a person, then came across that image during the google search and thought it was so cool I had to share it. Sometimes my posts come off differently than I intend, though.
It was pretty funny... as was dragging the argument into defacing my post. Sorry, I'm probably much worse than you when it comes to humour... Meanwhile I found that the best thing to express your image, outside of some cool analysis I could do with your Avatar, is your undertaking of brushing up the Kitchen Knife Glossary. I can recognize your kind of input best right there. Not to suck up - that was intended for if the argument went another logical way. :p A head with knives through it... it's actually pretty close to truth where I am concerned. See my Avatar!

Reactions: ian