Could Kyuzo be Myojin?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the students in shokugeki no soma aka Food Wars that's skilled with the deba has the same initials and maybe more (huge hint there) :)

(Edit: I was wrong. I tought Kyuzo was MT or Makoto Tadokoro, same initials with Megumi Tadokoro, the anime character above)
This is one of my guilty pleasure animes, binged it maybe ten times now, and still the worst part of the entire show to me is when they say that soma uses a deba to cook. The idea of a daily deba caught me off guard the first time I watched it and made me laugh

for F's sake, why do you guys keep doing this? Havent you considered that people have reasons for keeping their names out of things like this? Not just the retailers, but the craftsmen themselves? They work with a ton of companies and having that anonymity can help keep things smooth when they work with people who are competing with each other. There are many other reasons too.
Just wanted to say, the only upside of this to me and maybe others; is that to know the actual makers name make it easier for me to find/buy more of their work. For example, I liked my kyuzo so much, I wanted to see what else he had on offer besides the hitohira stuff (and I was able to find more of his stuff). I get the anonymity thing though. For me though it's simple, this dude's work is great. I want his name so I can find more of his stuff and buy more.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, the only upside of this to me and maybe others; is that to know the actual makers name make it easier for me to find/buy more of their work. For example, I liked my kyuzo so much, I wanted to see what else he had on offer besides the hitohira stuff (and I was able to find more of his stuff). I get the anonymity thing though. For me though it's simple, this dude's work is great. I want his name so I can find more of his stuff and buy more.
Exactly.

This is one of my guilty pleasure animes, binged it maybe ten times now, and still the worst part of the entire show to me is when they say that soma uses a deba to cook. The idea of a daily deba caught me off guard the first time I watched it and made me laugh
I always thought he use a santoku

for F's sake, why do you guys keep doing this? Havent you considered that people have reasons for keeping their names out of things like this? Not just the retailers, but the craftsmen themselves? They work with a ton of companies and having that anonymity can help keep things smooth when they work with people who are competing with each other. There are many other reasons too.
When I find a product that I like I tend to shop the maker of that product first when looking for something new, the same goes for my knives. Call me crazy but if I have a knife I love made by a specific smith I'd like to know what other lines he might make so to try more of his work. If I had a knife I loved by a certain smith I might be more inclined to buy a Kochi if I knew it was from that same smith or smith/sharpener. It's just one of those crazy quirks from us crazy Americans...

Last edited:
I always thought he use a santoku

I thought so too, but Yukihira Soma uses a salmon deba on everything. In his knife box: The said deba, a yanagiba, and a kanto usuba. He sharpens them in his dorm room. We are of course talking about an anime character here, but I really appreciate how the authors put so much detail into the series.

I reckon hitohira strikes a good balance. The brand is synonymous with Nakagawa, Jiro (who is more than willing to be monopolised sans anonymity), exhausts the "anonymous" Kyuzo (who barely can sharpen for anyone else), yet continues to carry Takada no Hamono although Yohei had practically outed himself. That gave me the impression that Aizawa-san is either really shrewd businessman or just a really nice bloke.

I thought so too, but Yukihira Soma uses a salmon deba on everything. In his knife box: The said deba, a yanagiba, and a kanto usuba. He sharpens them in his dorm room. We are of course talking about an anime character here, but I really appreciate how the authors put so much detail into the series.

I reckon hitohira strikes a good balance. The brand is synonymous with Nakagawa, Jiro (who is more than willing to be monopolised sans anonymity), exhausts the "anonymous" Kyuzo (who barely can sharpen for anyone else), yet continues to carry Takada no Hamono although Yohei had practically outed himself. That gave me the impression that Aizawa-san is either really shrewd businessman or just a really nice bloke.
I had assumed it was a funayuki until the mimicry arc

It doesnt look like your ADMINS dont want my friend here...oh well. At least hes in my other club.

Um... I mean...
Naohito Myojin San is waiting to talk to your representative. He would like help in coming in. You want to help? Those that has friended him thru me...If you all want him here, go talk him thru registration. Thats his biggest hurddle right now.

Naohito Myojin San is waiting to talk to your representative. He would like help in coming in. You want to help?

Dude, I'm just another member same as you. I don't have my own admin or representative. We all sorta share them ya know?

Why doesn't Naohito Myojin San just register and sign up?

Dude, I'm just another member same as you. I don't have my own admin or representative. We all sorta share them ya know?

Why doesn't Naohito Myojin San just register and sign up?
Hes only just heard of KKF...and hes a shy one.

The last 2 days, Ive been trying to get a friend of mine on here. Your Admin doesnt sound like he believes me.

Naohito Myojin San is waiting to talk to your representative. He would like help in coming in. You want to help? Those that has friended him thru me...If you all want him here, go talk him thru registration. Thats his biggest hurddle right now.

Hes only just heard of KKF...and hes a shy one.
🧐

Only way to be a member of KKF is to you know, sign up. If he's to shy to sign up, what's with the going in circles?

i have no idea what you're talking about, but i'd make him an account myself and send him the password if that's what it took to get him on here.

can you just ask him to register like a normal person?

i have no idea what you're talking about, but i'd make him an account myself and send him the password if that's what it took to get him on here.

can you just ask him to register like a normal person?
Does he come in as Myojin or made up name? Or does he want to sell, or become sponsor? Those are just the first questions that come to mind...

Does he come in as Myojin or made up name? Or does he want to sell, or become sponsor? Those are just the first questions that come to mind...
Is he having problem because of the English interface? I mean he can register first and sort other stuff after that, it's not that I don't believe you or anything but people might want to verify he is the real Myojin first...

Is he having problem because of the English interface? I mean he can register first and sort other stuff after that, it's not that I don't believe you or anything but people might want to verify he is the real Myojin first...
Thats why Im trying to hook him up with a rep. Does he need to be verified? And maybe English interface.

Thats why Im trying to hook him up with a rep. Does he need to be verified? And maybe English interface.
I guess the best way is for him to communicate with them using his social media account or offcial e-mail...But I am not admin and not sure if there's a actual rep in this forum...

imo if he wants to be known to us all as myojin, he might as well use that nick. and i'm sure the admins can help him change it if he ever wants to.

thinking about selling (or even staying) can come later. maybe he would just like to come here and feel the place out first.

i know he's a big deal, but i don't see the problem with just joining like a normal person.

edit: as for the question of it really being him or not.. i would hope that we give him the benefit of the doubt, and i'm sure he's capable of convincing us with some posts and pics over time.

also thanks for trying to get him on here. i appreciate it.

imo if he wants to be known to us all as myojin, he might as well use that nick. and i'm sure the admins can help him change it if he ever wants to.

thinking about selling (or even staying) can come later. maybe he would just like to come here and feel the place out first.

i know he's a big deal, but i don't see the problem with just joining like a normal person.
And its that feeling out process part Im trying to get out. Suppose he comes right out and we all hit it off, wouldnt that encourage other Smiths and Makers to join?

Back