Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday’s knife madness: we were a group of 9 knife enthusiasts (among them 3 makers) gathering, discussing, cutting, eating and enjoying a beautiful day in my step parents‘ garden, short-term shelter for 121 knives (+2 prototypes):

45856857vd.jpeg

@KAMON Knives , @martinhuber , @JayS20 , @KDSDeluxe , @mack

Among the knives were 26 knives (+1 spoon) from @KAMON Knives. And no, they were NOT all from my personal collection - neither the Kamon knives not the 121 (+2) in total… :angel:
When looking at the board I bought only a few days before our knife gathering, I am really happy I didn’t bring my good one. Holy mother of weapons of mass destruction, what did you guys do with that board????

45864286xn.jpeg

@KAMON Knives , @martinhuber , @KDSDeluxe , @mack , @JayS20

I wasn't wholly satisfied with my first attempt at depicting the splendor of this Devin Thomas bubblewrap, so I tried again. I think I'm headed in the right direction. Still gonna tinker. Capturing the beauty of damascus across the whole blade, no matter the knife, can be challenging. I think next I'm gonna play with long exposures and "painting" the knife with a spotlight.

DTBubble-019251.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't wholly satisfied with my first attempt at depicting the splendor of this Devin Thomas bubblewrap, so I tried again. I think I'm headed in the right direction. Still gonna tinker. Capturing beauty of damascus across the whole blade, no matter the knife, can be challenging. I think next I'm gonna play with long exposures and "painting" the knife with a spotlight.
Looking good! Both, the knife and the pic.

I wasn't wholly satisfied with my first attempt at depicting the splendor of this Devin Thomas bubblewrap, so I tried again. I think I'm headed in the right direction. Still gonna tinker. Capturing the beauty of damascus across the whole blade, no matter the knife, can be challenging. I think next I'm gonna play with long exposures and "painting" the knife with a spotlight.

View attachment 250051
Ah yea, I also love this pic for the knife… 😘

Fine work on a WH. Knife needed just a bit of work on a strop out of the box and then 🤯. Love the in hand feel. A little different cutting experience than other knives I have but not a bad thing. I’d say that big convex grind is just not as precise. If I was going to go over to my family’s house and prep a meal for 8 I’m pretty sure it’s what I’d take with me though. Back to it :)!

17912516-5A37-4CEB-9895-10A880504E0F.jpeg

Yesterday I fully emerged from my lonely COVID quarantine (I managed to dodge it for 3 1/2 years, but my luck finally ran out!). My 12 year old saw me making slaw in the kitchen today and commented, "look, a daddy in his natural habitat again!" 😂🤣

This Toyoma 210mm nakiri is pretty new. I had my eye on it for a long time but hesitated, thinking maybe that was too long for a nakiri. Well it is a beast, but it is not too long, I love it!
Toyoma vs veg.jpg

Back