Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard these 3 are by the same maker, how do they compare?
I haven’t used the Yorokobi. The Yoake looks like it will be a work horse but it is so thin behind the edge and has so much taper that it feels more like a laser. The Komorebi is a bit beefier but also thin behind the edge and has nice taper as well. Hard to compare the petty and I don’t have a gyuto that is labeled Mizaki. I can believe they are made by the same smith.

49321641-5E01-441B-9DB5-310C4AA16556.jpeg

I've been waiting a while to post these. But now that @OwlWoodworks has posted them on his instagram I can. I'm completely in love with his bar boards. Mine is called "Rose" and is made of Rosewood Morado (more info on his instagram)
There is no way I can match how pretty his pictures are but I did my best. I've been using that board close to daily for the past few weeks to cut some fruits. It really is very convenient and coupled to the fact that it looks absolutely stunning, it is my favourite piece of kitchen equipment. The wood itself is so pretty and Luke's flawless work make this board a functional piece of art. This is a daily knife pics so I added the 2 EDC knives I was given and the amazing petty from ShiHan. Coincidentally the burnt mesquite handle matches the board quite well
msg1584518373-30737.jpg
msg1584518373-30739.jpg
msg1584518373-30738.jpg
msg1584518373-30733.jpg
msg1584518373-30734.jpg
msg1584518373-30736.jpg
msg1584518373-30735.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting a while to post these. But now that @OwlWoodworks has posted them on his instagram I can. I'm completely in love with his bar boards. Mine is called "Rose" and is made of Rosewood Morado (more info on his instagram)
There is no way I can match how pretty his pictures are but I did my best. I've been using that board close to daily for the past few weeks to cut some fruits. It really is very convenient and coupled to the fact that it looks absolutely stunning, it is my favourite piece of kitchen equipment. The wood itself is so pretty and Luke's flawless work make this board a functional piece of art. This is a daily knife pics so I added the 2 EDC knives I was given and the amazing petty from ShiHan. Coincidentally the burnt mesquite handle matches the board quite well View attachment 253324View attachment 253318View attachment 253319View attachment 253320View attachment 253321View attachment 253322View attachment 253323

I think you did a beautiful job photographing it my friend! I am so happy to see this board with you and to know it’s getting lots of use. Makes me happy 😊

Medieval Cooks Cleaver by Tod Cutler... the plain leather sheath, I messed up on in decoration so I just random did stuffs to it, better luck next time...

View attachment 254563
My home town has a large square castle in the centre of the city - built in 1066 by the Norman invaders after they shot old Harold-boy in the eye on the beach in Hastings, with a well aimed arrow; The Keep is the centre of the castle, a massive square (Normans were crap at building curves apparently) room where glorious feasts must have been held by the gentry and lords, and where the forelock-pulling chefs served all manner of delicious game and fish from the local areas, cut and chopped and sliced with all due diligence and care befitting the artisan chefs of the day by what I can only imagine were knives similar to this.
Pukka, that's what it is!

Not my knife, but bunch of Chinese knife enthusiasts pooled together to get some ApexUltra, rough forged, heat treated and sharpened it, and sent it to XinGuo for final finishes. He described the steel as very hard and the structure is very fine and pure. I believe this is the first ApexUltra Yanagiba in the world.

Back