Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple, contact the USPIS and request to speak to an investigator reference mail and wire fraud. The above name and address information is easily confirmed by the Jefferson Co Alabama, search for real property. Heā€™s works for Momentum, it isnā€™t hard to find him. Hes been in sales his entire adult life, must be a slick talker.

Simple, contact the USPIS and request to speak to an investigator reference mail and wire fraud. The above name and address information is easily confirmed by the Jefferson Co Alabama, search for real property. Heā€™s works for Momentum, it isnā€™t hard to find him. Hes been in sales his entire adult life, must be a slick talker.

And they will likely do exactly nothing.

I've seen numerous scam reports and people contacting postal investigators (when they finally get to talk to a human) and nothing ever comes of it.

I have seen movement on a couple instances of contacting the local law enforcement though. Circumstances dependent of course.

Multiple? Why are people sending knives without payment first šŸ˜­
Even the times that he has paid, the makers have to stalk him and ask him numerous times, to which they receive excuse after excuse until he eventually succumbs to the pressure. I have confirmed this through conversation with 2 makers, and saw Michael West post a comment asking for payment. And these are commissioned knives, not him tire-kicking on some ready made blades. He's ghosted others after they have already made the knife. That's why it's laughable if you see his IG posts (and his DM to me) where he quotes god as if he is so pious and above it all. As previously stated - a complete jerk off.

So, is this the one that recently screwed over a good bit of makers? I think they went under a different name.

Or was that a new different pos?

This guy is a deranged psychopath, donā€™t get me wrong, but letā€™s not act like these makers were unable to sell those custom knives he ā€œghostedā€ them on. An inconvenience, yes, but he didnā€™t shoot anyoneā€™s dog (to bar a phrase). In fact, there are people still on this forum who have gotten away with ā€œtaxingā€ on knives and no one bats an eye. (Just my two cents as a semi-lurker)

This guy is a deranged psychopath, donā€™t get me wrong, but letā€™s not act like these makers were unable to sell those custom knives he ā€œghostedā€ them on. An inconvenience, yes, but he didnā€™t shoot anyoneā€™s dog (to bar a phrase). In fact, there are people still on this forum who have gotten away with ā€œtaxingā€ on knives and no one bats an eye. (Just my two cents as a semi-lurker)
If its the person I'm thinking of, and this might not be that person. They didnt ghost them on stuff. But basically committed mail fraud and scammed the makers.

If its the person I'm thinking of, and this might not be that person. They didnt ghost them on stuff. But basically committed mail fraud and scammed the makers.
I have no rebuttal to this. All I will say is that if a maker shipped, they should have been paid in full prior. I have no context, horse in this race or prize to win. I am not familiar enough with the person or situation to comment, but what I know from him selling on here is that he tried to flip knives (which people do every day). If heā€™s graduated to criminal activities, he should absolutely find justice and our lord and savior TF.

Different person. That guy was also a great pos, even bigger one.

Like mentioned sparten/performante66/Max Shadmani ghosted quite some makers, didn't pay at least one shop and is quite a nuisance to deal with. I know one case in which he ordered 3 knives. When his customs came up the maker contacted him a few weeks prior to tell him he's gonna start them. After having them done Max told him he doesn't have the money right now but could buy one of the three, just send him pics so he can choose his favourite...
Yes the maker can sell the knives to to others but it's a nuisance and additional hassle. Also Customs are extra work with all the conversation parts. Thought this was quite common knowledge with a lot of makers and they would ghost him but sometimes see makers repost him.
He's a narcissist and hypocrite.

Different person. That guy was also a great pos, even bigger one.

Like mentioned sparten/performante66/Max Shadmani ghosted quite some makers, didn't pay at least one shop and is quite a nuisance to deal with. I know one case in which he ordered 3 knives. When his customs came up the maker contacted him a few weeks prior to tell him he's gonna start them. After having them done Max told him he doesn't have the money right now but could buy one of the three, just send him pics so he can choose his favourite...
Yes the maker can sell the knives to to others but it's a nuisance and additional hassle. Also Customs are extra work with all the conversation parts. Thought this was quite common knowledge with a lot of makers and they would ghost him but sometimes see makers repost him.
He's a narcissist and hypocrite.
Ah alright. Just the him not paying for something they received, and the maker stuff just reminded me of the other guy then. Mostly because i wasnt sure of the context of what people were mentioning with this dude

Whoā€™s the other POS?
Don't remember the name they went under. And idk if the people that got screwed over by him are not being vocal about it for a reason or not so i wont bother looking through my dm's to find who it was.

What I will say. Is if i was one of those makers I would be spreading that persons name across the internet so everyone knows to black list them at the very least.

I guess $1,000+ is the going rate for Jiro resales? Maybe I don't like mine that much after all.
Well I left a laugh emoji for his Kippington he was selling for $750 which he did not appreciate. It ended up selling, but he did mention shipping costs out of Australia were high and included in the price so maybe thereā€™s some truth to that

Last edited:
Is not about that I didnā€™t appreciate it is just annoying when people talk when not knowing things, not hard feelings šŸ˜‚
Just to cut the gossip this is how much it costed me to ship the Kipp to France to that add PayPal fees and conversion rate

IMG_9497.jpeg

Well I left a laugh emoji for his Kippington he was selling for $750 which he did not appreciate. It ended up selling, but he did mention shipping costs out of Australia were high and included in the price so maybe thereā€™s some truth there.
Edit: probably not though lmao, just remembered Iā€™ve received plenty of stuff from Australia that was priced friendly.
Wait, Kipp for $750 doesn't seem that absurd to me. If you want to call it a mark up (and based on the customs form that was posted, maybe not?), I've seen similar for other sought after knives

I paid a bit more than $650 direct from Jules and paid $700 for a different Kipp. $670 for another.

(Made a small edit)

my 2cents:

1. flipper is someone who buys at a lower price and quickly sells for a profit with no intention to use the product. that Jiro is from 2022. not sure when it was purchased, but the time value of money in this inflationary environment is not insignificant. Australia has variable mortgage rate. Just ask people how much more they need to pay for their mortgage now compared to 2 years ago.

2. I think people need to be allowed to sell some more popular knives at a reasonable mark up. you will inevitably lose a bunch of money on certain knives you buy. You might break even or take a small loss on some other knives. Maybe you get lucky with a few knives that you bought and decided not to keep later that can be sold at a mark up. People who sell knives in all three of these categories are really not flippers imo.

Looking at recent Jiro sales, i would say this is probably not far off from a reasonable starting point

Is not about that I didnā€™t appreciate it is just annoying when people talk when not knowing things, not hard feelings šŸ˜‚
Just to cut the gossip this is how much it costed me to ship the Kipp to France to that add PayPal fees and conversion rate

View attachment 298784
Aw Crikey! I literally just represented your side with your explanation mate. Tbh if youā€™d rather not people get the wrong idea about your asking prices Iā€™d suggest youā€™d be more upfront about how youre coming up with these prices. Or not. Youā€™re free to set whatever prices you wish. But without explaining it Iā€™m just left wondering. I actually just received a Kippington today from Finland, the shipping was $75, so believe me I get it however the shipping was added on after price ( plus shipping was the BST language)
I remember getting a couple of Honyakis from the9 way before everyone wanted Roberts work and it only cost $400 for them to get to the stateā€™s shipping included from Australia. So I do see some sticker shock with your sales honestly.

Last edited:
Aw Crikey! I literally just represented your side with your explanation mate. Tbh if youā€™d rather not people get the wrong idea about your asking prices Iā€™d suggest youā€™d be more upfront about how youre coming up with these prices. Or not. Youā€™re free to set whatever prices you wish. But without explaining it Iā€™m just left wondering. I actually just received a Kippington today from Finland, the shipping was $75, so believe me I get it however the shipping was added on after price ( plus shipping was the BST language)
I remember getting a couple of Honyakis from the9 way before everyone wanted Roberts work and it only cost $400 to them to stateā€™s shipping included from Australia. So I do see some sticker shock with your sales honestly.
Unfortunately shipping got more expensive in the last two years. If you look at the pic you can see that DHL charged me 42 aud for fuel šŸ˜‚ if I ship with the au post priority it cost around 60/80aud but it take just a lil longer

For example the Fellipi I have for sale cost me 950usd to Australia, I have it for sale for 850 atm with shipping on me so I wouldnā€™t consider myself a flipperšŸ˜‚ as @nhb22 as mention before sometime you make a dollar some time you break even and most of the time you loose money

Yes sending knives to and from Australia sucks for all parties involved now. Had no idea.
Wait, how do you ever ā€œmake a dollarā€ in this arrangement?

Last edited:
Yo Jiro also arenā€™t cheap retail. I donā€™t know what people expect price-wise, but mine was $1100 to my door brand new from staysharp. Then comes the import fees (not as bad here in the US fortunately). It then has to be priced with PayPal fees in mind, and shipping accounted for. So yesā€¦ $1000+ for a nice Jiro is normal.
Unfortunate as it is.

Yes sending knives to and from Australia sucks for all parties involved now. Had no idea.
Wait, how do you ever ā€œmake a dollar in this arrangement?ā€
You can make a dollar if you had bought enough kato and shig back in the days when there were 500$ a resell at todays priceā€¦. To bad Iā€™m not that lucky

I guess $1,000+ is the going rate for Jiro resales? Maybe I don't like mine that much after all.
Not on topic at all, but idk i have no where to post this and it made me think of this.

But i had no idea kamon was getting the kinds of prices he is! I mean, its awesome for him. I just didnt know.

I was talking to a non-knife person (well compared to me) about knife makers and whatnot. The conversation led to expensive knives, and i told him to look up bob kramer's work, he did, and a thing for a go-mai knife but with a gold layer made by kamon came up, for $45,000. When he said that it was kamon not kramer, i didnt expect it.

Just want to be extra clear. I think he does great work, and i think his stuff is probably worth the same prices as kramer, and the other $10,000+ guys i just didnt know he was getting that.

(Edit, a word)

Last edited:
Not on topic at all, but idk i have no where to post this and it made me think of this.

But i had no idea kamon was getting the kinds of prices he is! I mean, its awesome for him. I just didnt know.

I was talking to a non-knife person (well compared to me) about knife makers and whatnot. The conversation led to expensive knives, and i told him to look up bob kramer's work, he did, and a thing for a go-mai knife but with a gold layer made by kamon came up, for $45,000. When he said that it was kamon not kramer, i was didnt expect it.

Just want to be extra clear. I think he does great work, and i think his stuff is probably worth the same prices as kramer, and the other $10,000+ guys i just didnt know he was getting that.
I know the piece you're talking about and IIRC it's a one-off that's been sitting around for like two years. I don't think any of his other work has come close to that... stuff that Modern Cooking has auctioned has all been under $5k. Still a hell of a lot of money for a knife but not in totally stratospheric Kramer territory.

I was talking to a non-knife person (well compared to me) about knife makers and whatnot. The conversation led to expensive knives, and i told him to look up bob kramer's work, he did, and a thing for a go-mai knife but with a gold layer made by kamon came up, for $45,000. When he said that it was kamon not kramer, i was didnt expect it.

That goldvein one is definitely an outlier pricewise. I think most of his "regular" knivesis is priced at 1000-2000 Euros range, depending on how you spec it, IF you can get on the books. Some crazier stuff at Moderncooking or eating tools above that.

Back