Heiji direct

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready to be use.

2101F392-7FB8-4A2B-AFBF-DD980FCF5797.jpeg
269D7F69-85CF-4966-AB2E-4CD68BBE5A50.jpeg

Some predator dots headed my way shortly. 240mm and 180mm
Beauties! Did you request extra tall on either of them?

Congrats... when did you make the order?
I'm still waiting from January. :0
I think it was ~4 months total from the time I placed the order. Maybe shoot him an email and ask nicely the status of yours.
Yeah, definitely check in with him. I paid for my 240 SS gyuto/210 carbon suji at the end of February and received the order last week.

nice 180! please let us know your thoughts when you get to use it. I've been considering one of those.

looks like it has decent heel height and the pointy tip looks mean
I know I still owe you a report on the new 210 carbon suji, but I've been too busy to cut with it since I got it!

Dotless enquiry has been made to Heiji-san. Also there’s an interestingly serpentine quality to the gyuto choil shot…

IMG_4893.jpegIMG_4897.jpegIMG_4907.jpegIMG_4899.jpegIMG_4902.jpegIMG_4903.jpegIMG_4904.jpeg

Heiji 210 sujihiki (218x35/140g) • Iwasaki carbon • burnt chestnut + black horn
Heiji 240 gyuto (247x52/250g) • secret semi-stainless • enju + black horn

Last edited:
The more I use my carbon Heiji, the more I like it.

BUT, I had to temporarily give up on flattening the bevels out. I have one very nearly completely fixed, the other only mostly fixed. This has improved the wedging issues, at least. There is some banding in the iron but it's pretty tough to bring out tbh. Oh well. It has taken HOURS of work though to get a knife that is finally cutting decently. The original grind, and there's simply no other way to put this, was bad.

What I do like are the weight, the handle, the profile, but above all else, the steel + heat treat combo. I've beat the crap out of it and no chipping issues and takes a screaming edge easily.

The more I use my carbon Heiji, the more I like it.

BUT, I had to temporarily give up on flattening the bevels out. I have one very nearly completely fixed, the other only mostly fixed. This has improved the wedging issues, at least. There is some banding in the iron but it's pretty tough to bring out tbh. Oh well. It has taken HOURS of work though to get a knife that is finally cutting decently. The original grind, and there's simply no other way to put this, was bad.

What I do like are the weight, the handle, the profile, but above all else, the steel + heat treat combo. I've beat the crap out of it and no chipping issues and takes a screaming edge easily.
When you say flattening the bevels out, are you grinding out low spots or raising the shinogi/thinning?

When you say flattening the bevels out, are you grinding out low spots or raising the shinogi/thinning?

They've come together, but mostly the former.

TBH I am one of the people that is least concerned about keeping the shinogi straight that you will ever meet. I care about the bevels being even and well shaped with the amount of convexing I prefer (and uh, cough, so I can make use of my rock collection). The shinogi is higher then when I started by a noticeable but small amount.

Can someone tell me about Heiji, I don't see this on any boutiques?
Japanese Knife Imports carry them. They are gone over and any fit and finish issues fixed (make sure handle is straight, ease the spine and choil, etc.)

You can save a bit of money buying direct from Heiji though. You may have to work on it some though.

Japanese Knife Imports carry them. They are gone over and any fit and finish issues fixed (make sure handle is straight, ease the spine and choil, etc.)

You can save a bit of money buying direct from Heiji though. You may have to work on it some though.
I will add, significant work has been done to the bevels as well.

Who is the middle knife from?

Honestly, that petty looks perfect 👍🏻

Looks like he’s focusing a lot more now

My 165 carbon petty, full tang arrived along with some other knife 2days ago. The petty came very well finished compared to the suji i received last year.

Back