KKF Massdrop IV - 田中義一 🇯🇵

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those looking for a consolation knife, don't spread it around too much but I hear there's a dude on reddit who is a chef owner/operator with a tireless work ethic who is spending almost every waking second slinging food to keep his joint alive but does manage to squeeze out time to make knives, handles, and sayas and he sells them via Paypal F&F only! It's cool though cuz he clearly states he's not out to scam anyone!

I mean, don't go getting nervy just because it is highly likely he was banned from KKF for intensely shady business practices. Misunderstanding I'm sure.

His stuff is probably, like, ya know, almost as good as this. Ya know...

Congratulations to the winners.
I got lucky on the Kamon but not this one.

Looking forward to seeing the finished knife

I just realized either size is way too tall to fit in my knife drawer.
Please message me if you want to buy my spot in the waitlist...
since we have a few newcomers to the massdrop, I would like to clarify that this sort of stuff is absolutely not allowed
please don't do stuff like this
no selling spots
no flipping knives
happy to pass out lifetime bans to folks who disagree

(@parbaked since you're #96 on the list I imagine this was a joke, but just wanted to make things clear to everyone)

IIRC, don’t you store them all on their sides on top of each other? I’m confused.
That's true...I'm probably not worthy...
chaos drawer.jpeg

Code:
             .=     ,        =.
     _  _   /'/    )\,/,/(_   \ \
      `//-.|  (  ,\\)\//\)\/_  ) |
      //___\   `\\\/\\/\/\\///'  /
   ,-"~`-._ `"--'_   `"""`  _ \`'"~-,_
   \       `-.  '_`.      .'_` \ ,-"~`/
    `.__.-'`/   (-\        /-) |-.__,'
      ||   |     \O)  /^\ (O/  |
      `\\  |         /   `\    /
        \\  \       /      `\ /
         `\\ `-.  /' .---.--.\
           `\\/`~(, '()      ('
            /(O) \\   _,.-.,_)
           //  \\ `\'`      /
          / |  ||   `""""~"`
        /'  |__||
              `o
Old school ASCII art FTW.

Last edited:
I’m selling my spot on the waitlist (I’m around 100, but lost count after 10) for $500 (F&F only). Before you anti-flippers like that sorry-a$$ hendrix dude and other self-appointed board police losers flame me, let me point out that:
1. it’s not flipping since it didn’t cost me anything and
2. it’s just capitalism 101, dudes

Congratulations to the lucky 25 and a huge thanks to the organizers! Gonna be a lot of fun watching the development of this while waiting for my consolation cowju (specs should be very similar to the massdrop knife 🙃) and consolation rectangle that I have on order. 😂

Only 100 spots down on the wait list, still a good chance....If Tanaka makes 125 knives! 😢
I don't think the issue is his ability to pump out blades, considering his output across vendors. I think its getting his blades into the right sharpeners to finish them.

jpjh3.jpg

I don't know whats worse, VW putting the wrong engine in my California campervan (after waiting 18 months for delivery) or ending up mid-pack on the MD4 waitlist. Even my Kaiju order does not console me.

Unknown.jpeg

Back