Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what's not understood...secondary market sets prices for things like this. Shigefusa is a small example. Kramer prices have always been high on the secondary market. This has been on the website for quite awhile, so it probably needs a drop in price...i.e. capitalism. The opposite is true too, if no one wants a makers knife, you can get it for a fraction of what it initially sold for. Bob is a soft spoken decent fella, I spoke with him. I'm sure he's shocked what others sell them for too.

I totally understand high prices on the secondary market. I could see a Krammer going for a couple thousand dollars like some rare J-knives but $18k for a knife that isn't an ancient Egyptian artifact is totally crazy.

I totally understand high prices on the secondary market. I could see a Krammer going for a couple thousand dollars like some rare J-knives but $18k for a knife that isn't an ancient Egyptian artifact is totally crazy.
You hit it on the head in your last post. Your reality is totally different than a different demographic. This applies to everything in life.
On a separate but equal analogy, there are people with more money than me who think I'm crazy for purchasing/wearing my Rolex. To each their own.

I've worked with many people who thought nothing about spending $70'000-$120'000 on a vehicle that felt paying $60 for a decent bottle of scotch is too much and drink nothing but the cheapest beer the local stores offer. A chaque son gout.

Not sure what's not understood...secondary market sets prices for things like this. Bob is a soft spoken decent fella, I spoke with him. I'm sure he's shocked what others sell them for too.
You have it backwards...
His new knives can sell for as much, if not more, at his auctions than the secondary market. How can you say he's shocked when he auctions his knives off for more??
I'm sure Bob is a nice man, but he set the secondary market prices when he decided to sell his knives only by auction.
He's the one that determined his knives should go to the highest bidder, which resulted in these inflated prices and much more profit for him on the knives he sells directly.
To pretend that Bob Kramer isn't profiting by the inflated prices for his knives is just silly...

You have it backwards...
His new knives can sell for as much, if not more, at his auctions than the secondary market. How can you say he's shocked when he auctions his knives off for more??
I'm sure Bob is a nice man, but he set the secondary market prices when he decided to sell his knives only by auction.
He's the one that determined his knives should go to the highest bidder, which resulted in these inflated prices and much more profit for him on the knives he sells directly.
To pretend that Bob Kramer isn't profiting by the inflated prices for his knives is just silly...
Just to be clear, I talked to him in 2012, and he's changed his selling style. Inflated prices are a subjective term. I never said he isn't profiting, now you are just inventing lies.

Latest posts

Back