Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it’s just called selling at that point. They have a real website too but the prices are bad as you’ve noticed.
I would call it flipping. For the nakiri linked, it is nearly 3x the price listed on the Isamitsu website.

Comparing that to another vendor lon a white 1 knife) which has a lot lower markup.

IDK it's just an overpriced vendor to me. I guess it's just semantics but I associate flipping with scalping where you kind of force yourself to be a middleman for scarce resources (and part of this is that there is not consent on part of the seller). In this case, they are not a forcibly inserted middleman, they are just a vendor with a higher markup than others (assuming they are not just buying direct at MSRP and reselling). Ultimately they aren't buying up the supply so you're free to buy elsewhere. It's bad but it's a different thing IMO. Honestly I don't really see the logic in their prices unless it's one of those things where they offer you 50% off so you feel like you're getting a good deal.
No need to debate this, just offering my view which remains consistent despite the knowledge it is way overpriced. Yoshihiro is the same on their website, and I'm not gonna buy from either anytime soon.

Ugh, another knife ruined by this silly trend of overcompensating with ever taller knives... :rolleyes:
Are people cutting with gauntlets on that they need 55 mm height for clearance?
With heavy use at work and consistent sharpening a 50mm knife becomes pretty short in no time. At 55mm I get to enjoy my favorite gyutos for years longer before they turn into sujis. Absolutely not a silly trend in my opinion

You seem to forget that for an import into europe it is (~600$+shipping)*1.28 (import tax 20% and customs 8%). To me it looks like a bargain (for europeans only of course) considering you do not have to wait.
Very optimistic, usually couriers will ask more!

I believe it’s just called selling at that point. They have a real website too but the prices are bad as you’ve noticed.
I'm also an avid playing card collector, and I've said it a million times about card flippers: The only real difference between a scalper and a retailer is a decent looking online shop.

Back