Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of Skye’s preorder batch not that long ago and quite like his work. Got it just to try but see myself keeping it.
What were the specs on these. I can’t understand when makers don’t post specs when selling. I know I could ask, but why not just include them in the sale.

From people who work there. Forge welding stainless to carbon steel is not trivial and requires special equipment. I tend to believe my sources.
I think only stainless to stainless requires special equipment. Many people talk about welding stainless to carbon on blade forum without equipment. I think Birgersson has a batch coming up and he’s a much smaller operation. Apologies if this has already been addressed

What were the specs on these. I can’t understand when makers don’t post specs when selling. I know I could ask, but why not just include them in the sale.

He included the specs when he first offered them. French chef 210x50, Gyuto 225x55, either in AEBL or 52100. Probably he figured there were folks that wanted in but missed out and didn’t need to see the specs again. He also chimed in here when they were first offered, on this very thread I believe.

I’ve got one of the French chefs in 52100 with a coffee etch hopefully coming the next few weeks along with a custom.

Back