Moritaka Nakiri... Thoughts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather buy from y'all and I'd rather his aogami #2. You should sweet talk Shindo-san :)
So you want a Shindo-forged Warkomi Blue #2 Tall Nakiri special edition? I will get 4- they price was higher than usual - I will post them for $199- which will be about $169 shipped if you use KKF15 coupon. I do not know if I can get them again, so if you want to reserve one email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• PhotoRoom_20230904_125546.jpeg
    PhotoRoom_20230904_125546.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 0
So you want a Shindo-forged Warkomi Blue #2 Tall Nakiri special edition? I will get 4- they price was higher than usual - I will post them for $199- which will be about $169 shipped if you use KKF15 coupon. I do not know if I can get them again, so if you want to reserve one email me at [email protected]
Let's gooooooooo

Now that's being in touch with your customers! 👍

Paging @blokey and @tostadas

What's the dimensions?

What's the dimensions?
What's the dimensions?
Unfortunately, They won't. be in our hands for about 2 -3 months. I assume close to his 180mm Tall Nakiri in Enjin Series. We have one left for reservation as it looks like KKF fans will have them all reserved.

Aside from the extra tall (75mm height) nakiris, I see that Moritaka nakiris are offered in a 180mm length / 60mm height, and a 165mm length / 50mm height. Since the grind on these nakiris is so uniquely low, starting close to the edge, what benefit does the extra height provide? More board clearance for larger hands, and better scooping? I am tempted to think that the slightly lower height 165mm nakiri would be more nimble and effective despite the shorter length, which may be bordering on heresy given that I've noticed a strong preference for 180mm nakiris on this forum.

Aside from the extra tall (75mm height) nakiris, I see that Moritaka nakiris are offered in a 180mm length / 60mm height, and a 165mm length / 50mm height. Since the grind on these nakiris is so uniquely low, starting close to the edge, what benefit does the extra height provide? More board clearance for larger hands, and better scooping? I am tempted to think that the slightly lower height 165mm nakiri would be more nimble and effective despite the shorter length, which may be bordering on heresy given that I've noticed a strong preference for 180mm nakiris on this forum.

I use a non-Moritaka 165 all the time and probably more than anything else the last couple months. I wanted the 180 Moritaka because I have a multiple 165's and for larger stuff like cabbage heads.

I don't have one of the taller ones but I'd add to your list the weigh that likely helps it get through produce.

Latest posts

Back