Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking like that, we will have your Danish citizenship revoked in no time..!
Seriously, what's wrong with the youth these day(edit: i assume you are 15 years old based on your comment).
What’s wrong with old farts drinking one of the world’s worst drinks. Can’t say I’m older than you, based on those disgusting drinks you are chucking down. But I’ll take a Underberg any day over Fernet.

If you ate a pineapple whole would it grow seeds inside you or are tomato’s ahead of the curve on the growing-inside-living-things-to-initiate-a-late2000’s-scifimovie-plot?
Pineapples don’t grow from seeds. They are bromeliads. The plant shoots a pineapple out of its top then the top of that pineapple becomes the next plant.

Pineapples don’t grow from seeds. They are bromeliads. The plant shoots a pineapple out of its top then the top of that pineapple becomes the next plant.
Steve Urkel Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Fun fact, they actually can and do grow from seeds. Not super common to find them in cultivated varieties, but they are viable. Fruit with seeds ends up lower quality due to more energy going to seed production. The old plantation owners of Hawaii actually banned hummingbird importation (although not sure what people are doing that for, and clearly nobody else thought it was necessary since there aren’t any yet today but apparently the fear of introducing a monocultures primary pollinator was enough to make them tremble in their britches) for a bit in the old days to ensure they only got pollinated when they wanted seeds for planting

Fun fact, they actually can and do grow from seeds. Not super common to find them in cultivated varieties, but they are viable. Fruit with seeds ends up lower quality due to more energy going to seed production. The old plantation owners of Hawaii actually banned hummingbird importation (although not sure what people are doing that for, and clearly nobody else thought it was necessary since there aren’t any yet today but apparently the fear of introducing a monocultures primary pollinator was enough to make them tremble in their britches) for a bit in the old days to ensure they only got pollinated when they wanted seeds for planting
Rust erasers ruin knives. Bromeliads don't have seeds.

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

Time for round 3?
Methinks so:

I was walking through the suburbs the other day. There were a few street stalls around. Because I was hungry, I bought myself a cheese sandwich. At the stall next to me, I noticed someone buying a slice of pizza. With pineapple.

All the benches in the area were occupied, except for one that was empty. I headed for that bench and, just before I got there, the person with the pineapple pizza beat me to it and sat down. Desperate for a rest because my feet were hurting, I sat down at the far other end of the bench—as far away as possible—and proceeded to eat my sandwich. I was careful not to look in direction of the other end of the bench lest I spoil my appetite. But it's a bit like probing a sore tooth. Every now and then, I found myself glancing at the other person in morbid fascination—I just couldn't help myself.

Eventually, the person finished their slice of pizza. I quietly breathed a sigh of relief and found myself relaxing again. About a minute or two later, I heard a choking noise from the other end. When I looked, the person was grabbing their chest and then suddenly slumped over on their side, motionless. I whipped out my mobile phone and called an ambulance, which fortunately arrived almost immediately.

Two paramedics took charge and attempted resuscitation for quite some time. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful and, eventually, gave up and loaded the person onto a stretcher and into their ambulance. Just as they had finished loading the stretcher and were about to close the door, I heard one paramedic say to the other "See, I told ya. Pineapple on pizza is bad for people."

Just sayin'…

The hate is that strong that you now just start killing people who enjoy pineapple pizzas?? 🤔

at one danish hotel wherei stayed, gammeldansk was part of the breakfast buffet.

of course i had some – it’s the ****.

My coffee snobbiness peaked 20 years ago with whole beans in a burr grinder (Kitchenaid, been going strong daily for all these 20 years, I should probably replace the burrs one of these days) and a French press.

Coffee from the bins at Whole Foods or equivalent. I should probably get on some kind of mail or coffee subscription.

I do have a pour over that we use to make iced coffee Japanese style. That was a game changer for iced coffee.

Cold brew is pretty great for iced coffee if you haven’t tried it yet.

Latest posts

Back