Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😆😆😆

Actually I think one of those biohazard Myojin handles could make the Raquin gyutos cheer the **** up. (never used either)

Not necessarily boring, but lazy (which is boring). Any maker who doesn't remove the KU is lazy. If it's not kasumi/migaki, it's an unfinished knife.
How about only KU?
20210721_105638_1024x1024.jpg

I think Bryan Raquins knives are boring.
What’s boring about them?
😆😆😆
Actually I think one of those biohazard Myojin handles could make the Raquin gyutos cheer the **** up. (never used either)
Dont you dare put one of those fugly handles on them. I Love Raquin handles, rustic yet super comfy, feel well balanced, wonderful handles.

I think this thing about Raquin is maybe the most unpopular opinion yet 😁.

Better be serious to not be excommunicated from kfs. I think the look of the blade is a bit boring with the ku finish. Sometimes the edge is beautiful. Like the handles too.

Not necessarily boring, but lazy (which is boring). Any maker who doesn't remove the KU is lazy. If it's not kasumi/migaki, it's an unfinished knife.
I'd say leaving rough grinder marks on bevels is lazy. Especially if knife is selling at premium price level. In fact I wouldn't accept anything besides hand polish on any expensive knife.

KU finish? It's awesome 😎

Few here would argue in favour of child labour, which is rightfully seen as something best avoided, So why then KKF folks, are we so complacent to the OAP-torturing antics present in much Japanese knife production. Wrinkled pensioners of truly advanced ages - when they should really be sucking boiled Werther‘s originals and boring young people in peace - are literally being toasted near blast furnaces and encouraged to bash blades until their brittle bones break, all because seniority tends to mean higher prices for collectors and their bosses

It’s brutal and nobody should fall for this craftsmen ‘too dedicated to retire’ nonsense. Shadowy cabals in Sakai round up and extort these pensioners, squeezing their elderly pips and threatening them with a life in Takefu Knife concentration camp City if they don‘t comply. These craftsmen aren’t often credited by their Sakai masters, not because of commercial obligations, but because their advanced ages and corpse-like appearances could scare away buyers. I even hear rumours that Masama Asai was actually dead for 4 years, operated as an animatronic puppet, just so they could get more of a return on his reputation (and make an example of him for his impudence). No wonder Yamamoto seems to have become reclusive and mostly downed tools in recent years.

We should really take a little more care. The guilt is even beginning to get to a heartless wanker like me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back