Visual Thread - Post a Picture of Yourself

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this in another forum. So we can see who we are speaking to behind the screenname.

My wife and I when I retired from the military:

Me and Rayann.jpg

A year ago a month after my near death motorcycle accident (and two wiener dogs):
Wheelchair.jpg

Is that a Dingo? I didn't realise they were called Dingoes in the US (a Dingo is a native Australian dog so I assumed it was an Aussie name).

Yup, it's a tiny little ride behind/walk behind excavator/loader/whatever you need it to be branded as "Dingo". I have no idea why the USA maker chose that name. I was augering dozens of holes in a field to emplace special effects simulating artillery shells exploding in a USA civil war reenactment.

Yup, it's a tiny little ride behind/walk behind excavator/loader/whatever you need it to be branded as "Dingo". I have no idea why the USA maker chose that name. I was augering dozens of holes in a field to emplace special effects simulating artillery shells exploding in a USA civil war reenactment.
Wow! Which battle were you reenacting?

I have used a Dingo for fixing MTB trails. Didn't even think thatbeen it may not have been an Aussie braneded product.

Last edited:
Wow! Which battle were you reenacting?

It was several battles over a couple of days, none of them really historically accurate. An event for grownups to "play Army" with some VERY elaborate and expensive props... That house in the background is a big theater prop, it can shift parts, flip exterior walls to other side with different looks, grow or lose porches to change appearances.

At the end of the last day, Lee surrendered to Grant, Grant stole the kitchen chair he had been sitting in and rode off into the sunset after telling the home owner he could sod off since he didn't have any armies.

I made smoke, blew non lethal debris into the air (debris mortars, peat moss, landscaper's bark mulch, agricultural powdered limestone, black powder lifting charges) and generally provided "atmosphere" without injuring/killing anyone. Typical SFX gig except no burning liquid fuels, thank the gods.

Last edited:
I am completely using this on my social media. Thanks, lol
I actually think I was debating with some genius at this point who thought he knew everything about Japanese knives. Was trying to tell me I couldn't call something honyaki if it wasn't water quenched. I tried to explain what abura honyaki was and that I use an engineered fast quenching oil called Parks-50. I quickly moved along to another patron with real questions

Yes Im in all of these photos 👌

Attachments

• IMG-20201013-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20201013-WA0014.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20201013-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20201013-WA0012.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-20201013-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20201013-WA0007.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts