what do you guys use for pocket knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I treated myself to a Kurosaki SG2 knife for a holiday gift.

The blade is impressive and the mechanics are fine.

I was a little disappointed in the leather sheath, as it doesn’t have a belt loop. Guess that makes it a pocket knife.
IMG_8326.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8327.jpeg
    IMG_8327.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8328.jpeg
    IMG_8328.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I am looking for a sheath for my Japanese folding knife neckless. I don't plan to wear it as a necklace but I would like to get it into a sheath to protect it in the knife case I keep it in. It is such a cute little knife that I honestly don't know what it would be used for. I joke about it being an emergency steak knife.

IMG_8670.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

Congrats on getting the only one JoBone. Does the knife have a locking mechanism? I hope you use it, but if you want a drawer queen that looks perfect. Very nice!

Everyone needs a carbon Opinel No. 8.
I'm really not a lover of the No. 8. I had just sharpened one and started to lay it down on the cutting board. Do to a momentary lack of hand/eye coordination I stuck the point in the side of the block. The small No.8 handle wasn't enough to keep me from running my hand up the edge. End result, after a trip to ER and a few stitches I permanently lost all feeling in the tip of my left forefinger. A No.12 might have given me enough to hold to that this didn't happen but I won't be carrying a No. 8 ever again.

How are you enjoying the K390 wharncliffe?
I’ve been really surprised on how many uses a flat profile edge gets for our shorter dragon fly K390 wharncliffe. It’s my wife’s favourite now.
Shout out to the Syperco K390, it’s really dialled in.
Only came in last night and I won't be in the field to really put it through the paces for about 10 more days. Will keep this thread updated. Also kinda thinking the flat profile might be nice for light camp cooking tasks...dicing an onion or pepper with a big bellied outdoor knife is an unpleasant experience. Excited to try the K390 though I keep seeing good things about it.

Only came in last night and I won't be in the field to really put it through the paces for about 10 more days. Will keep this thread updated. Also kinda thinking the flat profile might be nice for light camp cooking tasks...dicing an onion or pepper with a big bellied outdoor knife is an unpleasant experience. Excited to try the K390 though I keep seeing good things about it.

You're going to love Spyderco's take on K390.

Beautiful! I didn't read the text initially and thought it was a Holt Haptic but where was the flipper tab? Then read the text. No thumb stud so front flipper I guess. I never tried one. How easy do you find opening it compared to conventional flipper?
Extremely easy once you get used to it. I had a crappy carbon fiber kizer feist as my first front flipper and it took about a day to get used to it, but had a very mushy detent. If you get some crisp they are just as easy as back flippers

Latest posts

Back