Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon has the 6qt Instant Pot on sale right now for anyone that was thinking about adding one. We use ours all the time.

Man. Hate to follow up you recent posters. Yeewza!

Humble, my humble dinner. Did an onion soup but served the cheese and crouton up as a sandwich.

Attachments

• D81A2239-BEDF-47DE-8A22-6B1D58BD17C8.jpeg
    D81A2239-BEDF-47DE-8A22-6B1D58BD17C8.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
Am trying to up my pasta game, so made another batch today.
The sauce is a nice and simpel tomato sauce recommended by DamageInc..
image.jpeg

Had to break in the new roasting pan and country fry pan.

Two packs of scissored bacon fried in the country fry pan, then stir fried the brussel sprouts.

Then I lined the new roasting pan with two packs of bacon slices and a few kilos of our homemade sausages. Jalapeno-cheddar on the edge, garlic-blue cheese in the middle. Had to ladle the fats and juices out of the pan twice during baking and in fact used some of those to stir fry the bacon and brussel sprouts.

This is what we call "mättö" in Finnish: no BS food for men who like food :) Brussel sprouts on their own would have been a disqualifier!

IMG_0867.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg

Last edited:
Ham, asparagus and gruyère buckwheat crêpes.

First evening using this new 24cm crêpe pan. Smoked her up with flaxseed oil once on the stovetop and then straight to work. Cooked 22 crêpes and not a single one stuck to the pan.

IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg

Loin of cod and a tuna steak. Seared the tuna 40 seconds per side. The cod got a little brown butter bath with capers. Served with crispy pan fried potatoes and a dressed tomato salad.

7e3452dd749919fd54c6.png

fcd9f5df56a45a36e5ad.png

4681eb74040356159858.png

Danish comfort dish called Biksemad.
It's usually made with leftovers, in my case some beef short rib, fried with cooked potato and onion.
Served with a fried egg.
image.jpeg

Always love a good plate of biksemad. I like to add chopped garlic and chili when I make mine. A touch of sesame oil too.

Always love a good plate of biksemad. I like to add chopped garlic and chili when I make mine. A touch of sesame oil too.

I like garlic too. There is a chili in there too, but mostly because I had a couple in the fridge. Never tried sesame oil. Used clarified butter for frying. There is Heinz ketchup under the egg..

Lars

Since we are talking about Scandinavian bfast. Any of you guys have a good aebleskiver recipe? And related, do you have any favorite additions? Been eating then my whole life but thought I’d check here.

Since we are talking about Scandinavian bfast. Any of you guys have a good aebleskiver recipe? And related, do you have any favorite additions? Been eating then my whole life but thought I’d check here.

Never made Æbleskiver, but Max from Kvalifood has a recipe and he is known for his traditional recipes..

http://www.kvalifood.com/page/aeble...ake/uuid/a4c08556-4f7c-11e6-bf16-91efab9e0705

But we don't really eat them in the morning, but rather in the afternoon..

Lars

We really don't eat æbleskiver for breakfast. It's more of a dessert. I guess you could eat it for breakfast, as it's kinda like a round pancake. Anyway, I use this recipe.

1 vanilla pod
175 g sugar
500 g flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 liter buttermilk
1 lemon (optional)
Butter for frying

Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod and mash them into some of the sugar to separate them properly so they don't lump up. Mix the vanilla, sugar, flour, and baking soda into a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk into the flour mixture. If you want, you can add the finely grated lemon zest. Then fry the batter mixture in a proper æbleskiver pan. While it is traditional to serve them with powdered sugar and marmalade, I like to skip the marmalade and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them and dust with the sugar afterwards.

Label Rouge chicken breast cooked sous vide and finished over charcoal. Boiled spuds, steamed broccoli and a dressed tomato salad.

fullsizeoutput_a7.jpeg

Back