Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sichuan water boiled fish, shui zhu yu
20220910_191447.jpg

16 qt all-clad LTD pot of Bolognese is done! This one took 9lbs of 85% beef, 4lbs pork, 3 lbs lamb, 2 lbs chicken livers (processed in food processor til it became the consistency of chocolate pudding) 2lbs of each celery, onions, carrots, 2 heads of garlic, LOTS of herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage). Dried went in for 2 hrs in a pouch, the fresh for last hr in another pouch. It took 2 bottles of wine, 2 quarts of milk, 3.5qts of chicken stock (only added during oven part to rejuvenate when it was evaporating). Skimmed around 16oz of fat as well.

Finished with salt/pepper/heavy cream/fish sauce to balance it out.

Turned out amazing. 2 Days of cooking def helped. Cooking meat in my 18" paella pan first for easy break up, def helped. Oven time was about 4 hrs today, for total of 7hrs

View attachment 198070

3 ready for freezer. parchment paper and lid
2022-09-10 16.00.03.jpg

Looks so good. Would you mind sharing your recipe for chili oil? I've never made any and I'm dying to.
i used this person's version. i added sesame seeds to bulk it all up a tiny bit. last time i used sunflower seeds. added a nutty flavor. good. pretty easy overall. comes together super fast. google her name and add chili oil to it. the best version i have tried. and i have tried about 5 versions.

Seonkyoung Longest​

Pardon me for straying from the topic, but I think y'all are the right audience for this. Anyone who has ever looked at the comments following a recipe they were looking at on the interwebs and scratched their heads will appreciate this. It made me snort. I will put the link to the full posting after the image.
carbacomments.JPG

full comments posting here

Pardon me for straying from the topic, but I think y'all are the right audience for this. Anyone who has ever looked at the comments following a recipe they were looking at on the interwebs and scratched their heads will appreciate this. It made me snort. I will put the link to the full posting after the image.
View attachment 198411

full comments posting here
pretty creative interpretation...
is it possible to do the opposite? next time i dont have fish, i use pasta...? it's so simple 🤦‍♂️
thank god i'm still alive and survived beyond 43...

In the past, I’ve found myself looking up recipes that require a lot of knife work. If you’re reading this and you’ve ever asked yourself that question, look no further. I decided to double the recipe, scoffing at the part that said I could use a food processor, not quite realizing what I was getting myself into. After making this, I have a whole new appreciation for cleavers, and of course my Isasmedjan specifically. Like we were brought closer by a traumatic experience 🤪

Ghormeh sabzi, and Isasmedjan 223x104 honyaki s-grind 135cr3 pictured with about 16 bunches of herbs as finely chopped as I could manage after the subsequent lower levels. Happy to report that it was delicious and worth the work!

80A9384A-C9BA-435B-81A9-BE8EFB06E413.jpeg
3C15E656-0E58-4521-8A26-080861D99AFF.jpeg

Back